Wild camp bonuses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
Me and my mate went for a wild camp last night. It was warm and humid all day. Pretty much too warm to even have a fire whilst the sun was still up, though all the ground was quite sodden.

Naturally we got one rolling later on as that's why we were there. Well that and watching the meteor storm which I fell asleep before it happened. :)

I misread the evening and took my summer sleeping bag, and it turned really cold over night with the clear sky, so I wasn't warm enough so got up at 6am.

I have my fire on a large wide stone as I camp in the same spot and it doesn't scorch the floor.
The great news was even though the fire was gone it held all the heat all night, so I could actually heat some water for a brew just off the hot stone. :)

That plus the dawn sun through the trees and all the birds singing. Happy times.

Have you lot got any little extra bonus things?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Yiip getting old now so it is nice to wake in the morning and find that all those camping farts from eating too much meat were just farts :D

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
That moment when you bed down on the ground and think "Bloody hell! I'm actually comfortable"

Discovering that the footprints in the mud are yours from the previous visit and nobody’s found the secret camp:eek:

but most of all for me is this really bad selfie taken high above Llyn Brianne on the way to the bothy July 16th 2016 at [52.134419, -3.709701]
b3-selfie.jpg
Dripping in sweat, breathing hard and for the first time in three years not clutching a GTN spray like my life depended on it.

clydeman

Aug 9, 2017
Glasgow
:) Big bonus for me is all about the dog.....does not bring in half of scotlands midges into tent,does not shake water all over me,......and the most important.....does not fart once all night:aargh4:....

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I had similar, where I woke up cold and in a spot the sun didn't reach until later. I went on up the chalk cliff and sat on the short grass up there in a sunny glade with deep woodland behind me.

I was just nicely warmed warmed up and ready to move back down when movement caught my eye. A weasel was peeking out of the brambles. I kept very still, and she ventured out into the sun. To my amazement, a few minutes later her 3 young crept out and started playing in the sun, rolling about like loonies.

That was was a nice extra.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE