Why use a ridgeline on your tarp ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I use skinny dyneema cord for my tarps so bulk and weight isn't an issue, therefore I use a continuous ridgeline (CRL) of 10 metres or more, depending on the trip and trees. The biggest advantage of a CRL over separate cords tied to the ends of the tarp, is the flexibility of being able to slide the tarp with the prusiks to exactly where you want it, usually central over the hammock. With separate lines, to centre the tarp you have to faff about with untying and retying your knots until you get it right.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Cmon, there's plenty of ways to adjust those cords without "faff about with untying and retying your knots". Slip knots, line-locks, whoopie slings...
Shouldn't be a factor.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cmon, there's plenty of ways to adjust those cords without "faff about with untying and retying your knots". Slip knots, line-locks, whoopie slings...
Shouldn't be a factor.

No doubt, I just like the simplicity of of sliding the prusiks along to where I need them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE