Why no BCUK discount?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
We're often asked if we do discounts for various forums or groups.
The answer is of course no!
The reason for this is that most of the stuff we sell is discounted already so for us to offer a further discount across the board would be financial suicide.
That's not to say we won't occasionally offer specific discounts on products lines but a blanket discount isn't possible I'm afraid!
;)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I'm with you on that track Lurch. I get asked for discounts on things occasionally (normally by shops who want to stock something that I make uniquely, or by members of forums like you do). I tell them that I can't charge the same hourly rate as if I stacked shelves for the numbers of hours that it takes to make the thing and that it takes me just as long to make it for them as it would to make it for anybody else!

Also, if a shop asks me to make a run of things (probably hoping I'll do a bulk discount), then the price I quote will usually be higher than the individual prices added together (so 20x £10 items will be charged at £250 not £200). I tell them it's becuase I'm a man and not a machine and I have a very low boredom threashold! :D

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Just ordered an item from Lurch that is already cheaper by over £10 than other suppliers...no extra discount needed IMHO.

Add the price structure to an excellent customer service then ask yourself why you would buy elsewhere?

Simon

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
Lurch if you already doing what you can to keep prices low, I don't see reason why you should give any extra discounts.
If you do, you may as well give the stuff away for free.
There are few things I'm definitely going to buy from you.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Im glad there isnt a discount, i spend far to much at yours anyway !!! Actually i cant think of a time i havent spent less than £100.

My excuse is that i am buying quality products that will last the test of time and i am sticking by it LOL

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
...and please note (I have mentioned this elsewhere on an item specific thread), Lurch's prices were not increased with the VAT hike to 20%. An item I bought at the 17.5% rate is still the same price I originally paid.

Jolly good that man!!

kawasemi

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The prices are silly low already - asking for extra discount is just greedy!
Best service in town as well!
If I had any money it would be spent with you Lurch!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE