Why do they bother??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
Went to Ambleside today, had a look round and did some shopping..... Was looking for a frying pan for my camping gear, and I found one.

Blacks in Ambleside have something of a sale on right now, and I got a "Laken" aluminium, non-stick frying pan with pot grip for just under a fiver.

The fryng pan is about 10" diameter, about the same as a Trangia, really, and dark grey non-stick inside, with lighter grey outer.

And.... the pot grip. Strong, secure, rugged..... PLASTIC. The overwhelming problem with this choice of materials did not truly emerge, until I decided to try out the new fry pan on my Titanium Decagon stove, in my kitchen at home. When trying to balance the (now hot) frying pan on top of the somewhat small Decagon, the fault became apparent, the plastic pot gripper started to melt ! It was sticking to the inside and outside of the fry pan, as I was trying to move the bacon around, to stop that sticking as well.

The frying pan has survived the ordeal somewhat better than the pot grip, which I have stored in the bin.

I really should get another Trangia pot grip, at least they're aluminium.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I got a frying pan from tkmaxx the other day, its from cast aluminium, is square in shape (approx 8") with a ribbed bottom. Tthe handle, made of steel and wood folds flat in to the pan, or can be detached, cost £7.95.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE