Why cant I sell my Woodlore Knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Have fallen upon hard times and was going to sell my woodlore knife however I cant post it for sale in the 'Members Classifed' section as it says at the bottom ''You may not post new threads" Oh well just have to take it down the Cash Converters and see how much they will give me for it :(

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Perhaps it's linked to the fact that a new BCUK site will soon be up and running. It was said that there may be forums that will be read-only.

Taking a guess...

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
As has been mentioned below you do need to be fully paid up member to post in the classifieds.

As EdS says your best bet will be on Evil-bay. When i sold my woodie recently it was to a member on here but it was for the same price a paid for it, i at least wanted my money back but i was happy for it to go for a sensible price.

Most woodies on e-bay go for at least £350-£400. It might be because Ray's series is not on TV at the moment or maybe people are getting wise to how much these things are actually worth.

The bottom line is...if you want the money back that you paid for it try on here or british blades.....if you want to try and get more for it, go for e-bay

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
As said before: you need to be a Full Member to be able to post in the Member Classifieds-section:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=29
<snip> This forum does have conditional use; to start a new thread in this forum (sell something) you need to be a full member (someone that has subscribed to BCUK) being able to sell in this forum is one of the benefits of supporting BCUK.
Once an item has been put up for sale any member can then purchase the item (All members are allowed to post replies in the forum) <snip>

To become a Full Member:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/subscriptions.php

Why becoming a Full Member, other than selling your stuff:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/content/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=105

Using the Swap shop:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=9471

Anyone using the Swap shop will be deemed to have read these rules and regs.

<snip>

The Swap Shop is for all members of Bushcraft UK to use, no money is allowed to change hands, the idea is that you put up an item or items that you are willing to swap, anyone interested can offer something of theirs to swap with you.

<snip>

Uti, non abuti - To use, not abuse

Also have a look at this thread (post #4 in particular):
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=20210

cccc said:
Just an aside, if I get the magazine, does that make me a full member ? Or is it an extra charge ?

c
If you get the magazine you are not by definition a Full Member (FM).
You are a Full Member if you've paid a subsription for your FM-ship (how to become a FM and its benefits: see above in this post).

If you are a FM - you can get a discount on your Magazine subscription.
Don't if the same applies if it's the otherway around ...

You can see if you're a FM or not directly under your BCUK username. In your case 'CCCC'. You are not a FM, because under 'CCCC' stands the word 'Member'. Now check it with, for example 'Wayland': he is a FM, because he has 'Full Member' under his BCUK username. So you know he paid his subscription to become one.

Everyone who joins BCUK is a 'Member' like you. The difference between a 'Member' and a 'Full Member' is solely the subscriptions paid by the FM's.

The bit under either 'Member' or 'Full Member' (i.e. Native, Active member, Tenderfoot, etc.) is related to the amount of posts you make.

HTH
:D

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Too late have taken it down the Cash Converters - they gave me £20 for it. Now some nutter will buy it and use it to hold up a Post Office. :eek:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Aaron said:
Too late have taken it down the Cash Converters - they gave me £20 for it. Now some nutter will buy it and use it to hold up a Post Office. :eek:

YOU ARE HAVIN' A GIRAFFE! :eek:

I'd have given you £25 at least for it! Please tell me you are joking!

Still, they do say, something is only worth what you get for it! :(

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats the funniest thing I've heard in ages!

I can hear hair being ripped out by the roots :D

Well, if its a wind up, its a good one. If not it belongs to "stranger than fiction".

Got any diamonds Aragorn?

Red

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
If he has got some diamonds , i've got some 'Magic bean's' i'd swap for them, or a set of completely invisible bushcraft clothes, used to belong to an Emperor, apparently! :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE