Wholesale group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Ok, i'll leave the thread running for a day or two to see if there's any more interest... By the way, since you have the bulk of the order at the moment, can you pm me your address for dispatch, then I propose we total up the cost of postage to you, and onward despatches, and divy it up appropriately between total number of orders (at the moment, two!) according to order size. Let me know if you're ok with that. Don't suppose you're interested in russian blankets? Lord Poncho, just seen your post.... commitment to buy? If so, I'll have some para cord too, and we're good to go.... Would suggest easiest way for all transactions is paypal if people are good with that....

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Please add one pack of each of these to my order:

Product Code: L69 "Large Heavy Cotton Bed Sheet/Sack"

Product Code: K48 "Plastic/Vinyl compactable wash bowl"

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Ok, i'll leave the thread running for a day or two to see if there's any more interest... By the way, since you have the bulk of the order at the moment, can you pm me your address for dispatch

I'll post it here so everyone knows where the stuff will be going! It's my office address so no worries about the whole world knowing it - it already does. :)

http://www.jubileegroup.co.uk/JOS/JOScontact.html

In that case I wonder if it might be better if I place the order, then the payment and delivery addresses will be the same and the supplier won't think somebody is trying to pull a fast one.

... I propose we total up the cost of postage to you, and onward despatches, and divy it up appropriately...

Sounds fair enough, although if it all comes here I can weigh it all and get the exact postage charges.

Don't suppose you're interested in russian blankets?

You know, I was just looking at them! What's your fancy?

...suggest the easiest way for all transactions is paypal if people are good with that....

I don't know if my measly paypal account will stand it but I'll think of something. :)

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Thought it was a bit cheeky to suggest that but if you're happy to order and pay, it might make more sense. Seems we're well into the minimum order now anyway. Spoke to them today, and they're willing to supply me with a specified size of the sheepskin lined coat, and postage costs up to 35 kgs (we should fall into this category) are £10 which seems to be a bargain to me. I would be interested in two russian blankets.... And if you're happy to place the order, I can paypal you my share at least - might bolster your measly total!! I am toying with the idea of ordering a sheepskin lined coat in medium and large just to guarantee a fit, and I will 'bay the other one or sell it on here at cost price....

Oh and I might take a couple of cotton sacks off your hands, unless you had plans for all of them.....

Jock: Yes only five at a time I think....

Last edited:

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Thought it was a bit cheeky to suggest that but if you're happy to order and pay, it might make more sense.

No problem.

Spoke to them today, and they're willing to supply me with a specified size of the sheepskin lined coat, and postage costs up to 35 kgs (we should fall into this category) are £10 which seems to be a bargain to me. I would be interested in two russian blankets....

We'll order a pack of those then. :)

if you're happy to place the order, I can paypal you my share at least - might bolster your measly total!! I am toying with the idea of ordering a sheepskin lined coat in medium and large just to guarantee a fit, and I will 'bay the other one or sell it on here at cost price....

Will you go through the thread and put the final order together and post it on the thread, including the userids of the buyers and your specifications agreed with the supplier? Then we can all check it to see it's what we want and I can pull it straight off the screen to order it.

Oh and I might take a couple of cotton sacks off your hands, unless you had plans for all of them.....

Well I was going to give them to SWMBO, she likes any kind of fabric. We'll order two packs. :)

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
The edited up to date list as of 21/07/2011, 10:53....

Ged, TBH, I am not dead set on the cotton sacks, only if you had some going spare that you didn't have a use for.

5 Olive Green Parachutes @ £15.00 each (Ged, Lord Poncho, silent bob and Virgil)
6kg paracord @ £8.00 each (Ged and one for Virgil)
5 groundsheets @ £3.50 each (Ged)
10 plastic/vinyl washbowls @ 1.00 each (Ged)
5 heavy duty cotton sacks @ £2.95 each (Ged)
5 Russian blankets @ £7.95 each (3 for Ged, 2 for Virgil)
2 sheepskin lined grey wool greatcoats (1 sz med, 1 sz lge) @ £45.00 each (Virgil)

This totals £295 plus VAT and breaks down as follows: Virgil, £128.90 plus VAT, Ged, £136.10 plus VAT, Lord Poncho, £15.00 plus VAT, silent bob, £15.00 plus VAT. Obviously, postage to be added....

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Yes- please definitely put me down for a £15 parachute- code Z39c- in Olive please! Happy to pay up front if that would ease your finances.....Although calculating postage may be tricky that way.

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Haven't you heard? Everyone's got one. They're all the rage. You're nobody if you haven't got a sheepskin lined wool coat. Apparently, every time someone decides not to buy one, a puppy dies. You wouldn't want that, would you?

Last edited:

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Ok, I've edited and updated the shopping list and with a total of almost three hundred quid, we're good to go. Ged, ok to order now? If people are paying by paypal, I would suggest that we all make two payments - one for goods, initial postage and VAT, and a second for the onwards postage from ged....

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Slightly different approach here... this is not a group buy for any one item but I am attempting to raise enough buys to make a wholesale purchase from www.gisurplus.co.uk. In a nutshell, the minimum order value is £150 (PLUS VAT and POSTAGE!). Bear in mind, there is a limited unit order (normally 5-10) for each item, hence the group buy. I am specifically interested in the sheepskin lined wool greatcoats (cheapest I found them anywhere else is £79.99) which are £45, and the alpenflage mountain suits (look good for hunting...cheapest I could find them was a set on ebay for total of about £26, or £6.95 wholesale!). However, there are also many other goodies including russian blankets and what looks like '44 pattern mugs. If anyone is interested, post up and I'll see if it's do-able. I will then ask people to commit when I've done the maths. It will make it easiest for me if three people want a coat and a set of camo, but we'll see...

I expressed interest in an old style Norgi the price of which I am happy with however I don't yet know the cost of postage or whether collection will be feasible. Please don't order on the strength of my "expression of interest". Sorry I need more information before I commit to buy.​

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Ok, I've edited and updated the shopping list and with a total of almost three hundred quid, we're good to go. Ged, ok to order now?

Yes, however I would like to just check that everyone who's ordering parachutes is aware that the ones at 15 quid will have some tears/defects in them. There is another product code for those without tears but they're more money. There were a couple of people asking about parachutes in a separate thread (a bit rushed just now but when I have time I'll post a link to the thread) and I wonder if we can give them an opportunity to say yea or nay before I order.

If people are paying by paypal, I would suggest that we all make two payments - one for goods, initial postage and VAT, and a second for the onwards postage from ged....

Don't worry about that. I'm happy to place the order and get one payment when I've weight it all for postage. I'll be paying by credit card anyway, so the money isn't going to be leaving my bank account for a couple of weeks.

Have to dash now unfortunately, work beckons. Should easily be able to check back in before tea-time.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Cheers for sorting all of this chaps. Yes- i'm aware the £15 parachutes will likely need repairs- i have a sewing machine on standby, and a few spare patches of ripstop......

Besides, i'll make sure someone else gets the seat under the torn bit... ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE