Who is coming to the Bushmoot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Who's coming to the Bushmoot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Womble said:
Important issue for those traveling by Train

The RMT is planning a 48 hour strike between Thursday (I think) and Saturday lunchtimes on the weekend of the Bushmoot. I know that South West trains are advising people not to travel during the 24 hour one this Friday (Farnborough Airshow weekend!), but I'm not sure how trains to South Wales will be affected next week.

Looks like the strike has been called off, so Choo Choo trains working :)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
information on the moot can be found here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/announcement.php?f=10

there is plenty of space for hammocks, there will be large communal fire and small cooking fires are fine if they are in fire boxes, kelly kettles etc

fires are allowed on the site but with this many people in one place we ask that people refrain form lighting their own personal camp fires and instead join us around the central fire, there is more of a community spirit in a getting together around a large central fire in the evening than having dozens of little fires throughout the woods with only a few lonely silhouettes to each

SunDog

Forager
Oct 14, 2005
South Coast
Not long now until the Moot. I'm coming up on Saturday morning and staying until sometime Monday. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good weekend!

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I would also like to come, to finish off the bow I started last year. I worked on it a bit but then got a bit scared I'd ruin it - so I thought it would be best to leave it until the next moot where I could get some advice.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Is it OK to pay on the day? Still can't quite trust Virtual Money....Will be there with one small boy for the w/e (Mrs N has to look after t'Dog, as muggins left it too late to book the wretched thing into kennels...).

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Sorry if this has been asked already - v interested in the bow making!

Is there a contribution amount?
There is no set amount..... the guys and gals running the workshops and demos supply the materials out their their own pockets, so any contribution is very welcome to help them cover the costs.

Ed

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Stuart said:
information on the moot can be found here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/announcement.php?f=10

there is plenty of space for hammocks, there will be large communal fire and small cooking fires are fine if they are in fire boxes, kelly kettles etc

fires are allowed on the site but with this many people in one place we ask that people refrain form lighting their own personal camp fires and instead join us around the central fire, there is more of a community spirit in a getting together around a large central fire in the evening than having dozens of little fires throughout the woods with only a few lonely silhouettes to each

Stuart will there really be enough fire for Everyone to cook on? Cant help thinking - you know - How many people do you consider there will be there.?

Nick

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Ok, I have taken the plunge and am comming with wife and two kiddies. The cape wrath trail is not going to happen for me this year, so we will be up friday evening and will pay on site, if that is ok. Look forward to meeting you all and seeing old faces...........

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Jon Pickett said:
Ok, I have taken the plunge and am comming with wife and two kiddies. The cape wrath trail is not going to happen for me this year, so we will be up friday evening and will pay on site, if that is ok. Look forward to meeting you all and seeing old faces...........

Look forward to seeing you there Jon! :beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE