Whitener Sachets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I'm making up a wee brew kit to keep in my edc bag.

I've seen loads of references to the sachets of whitener that you get in army rat packs.

Anyone know where to get them without buying the full ration pack.

I've thought about instant tea:yuck: but it could be in the bag for a while, so I'm not dead keen on decanting this stuff to another container.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What about just putting a bit of Marvel into a zip lock bag.

I used to get loads of the sachets from the work canteen but they stopped doing them and went for fresh milk instead.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I have thought about that and other than being carp at keeping on top of stuff like use-by dates and the like:rolleyes: it's likely what I will do.

Still wouldn't mind the sachets tho' as they probably last forever.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I have thought about that and other than being carp at keeping on top of stuff like use-by dates and the like:rolleyes: it's likely what I will do.

Still wouldn't mind the sachets tho' as they probably last forever.

Non dairy whitener does have a best before date, and after that it does start to go off, I have tried some old stuff and it wrecked the brew.

The newer instant tea is a lot better than the old "Nestea" that was in the rat packs of the 70's.

Have you tried ebay, people sell "parts" of rat packs on there.

:)

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Non dairy whitener does have a best before date, and after that it does start to go off, I have tried some old stuff and it wrecked the brew.

The newer instant tea is a lot better than the old "Nestea" that was in the rat packs of the 70's.

Have you tried ebay, people sell "parts" of rat packs on there.

:)

Hadn't thought of that, although I've never done the e-bay thing:eek: and to be honest not too keen.

Will have a look tho':)

Thanks for the info and advice so far guy's

Chris

Anyone know where to get them without buying the full ration pack.

I've thought about instant tea:yuck: but it could be in the bag for a while, so I'm not dead keen on decanting this stuff to another container.

PM me your address, I've got some of the whitener here you can have, a good fistful of the sodding stuff. I was reluctant at first but now I don't mind the instant white tea. It was more a case of getting used to not trying to drink it too soon as it was far too hot :)

I used to have an old 1951 dated 58 pattern mug, the metal ones. It was dads and I used to use it at shows as part of a display, didn't make sense having another mug so I drank from this one. Then someone nicked it, really really peed off at that. So annoyed about it that I forget how I would curse when trying to drink a cup of instant white too soon after adding hot water :) It was a love/hate thing :)

The coffee is still gopping and they now have made the tea just as bad as it is black and needs the whitener.

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Non dairy also have hydrogenated oils in them, oh my arteries! I just use powdered milk.
If you going to be in one place for a few days, this is really good!!!! In fact I use this at home all the time :
1 cup powdered Milk ( skim )
1 1/3 cup cold water.
1-3 drops of Vanilla extract.
Mix and add to Coffee as per needed.
I dare you to try it, you will never go back! : )

Last edited:

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
PM me your address, I've got some of the whitener here you can have, a good fistful of the sodding stuff. I was reluctant at first but now I don't mind the instant white tea. It was more a case of getting used to not trying to drink it too soon as it was far too hot :)

I used to have an old 1951 dated 58 pattern mug, the metal ones. It was dads and I used to use it at shows as part of a display, didn't make sense having another mug so I drank from this one. Then someone nicked it, really really peed off at that. So annoyed about it that I forget how I would curse when trying to drink a cup of instant white too soon after adding hot water :) It was a love/hate thing :)

The coffee is still gopping and they now have made the tea just as bad as it is black and needs the whitener.

Thanks for the offer Wayne you are a gent:You_Rock_:cool:

pm inbound

Never tasted this stuff I look forward to it:D

ta

Chris

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Non dairy also have hydrogenated oils in them, oh my arteries! I just use powdered milk.
If you going to be in one place for a few days, this is really good!!!! In fact I use this at home all the time :
1 cup powdered Mild ( skim )
1 1/3 cup cold water.
1-3 drops of Vanilla extract.
Mix and add to Coffee as per needed.
I dare you to try it, you will never go back! : )

I like the sound of this.
It's going to get tried....:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE