Which wipes are best ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I got some Boots ones mostly because they're in a plastic box which you can re-seal and which happens to fit a surplus belt pouch that I picked up.

Don't use them often, prefer hot water in an ex-French-army folding bowl, but they're handy to have. They burn easily.

My hot water comes from a Ghillie kettle. A much better investment than heaps of moist wipes. :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
If going for a liquid or solid soap option using one of those mesh shower bundles make your soap supply last longer, clean more and less being wasted into the environment. Especially on longer trips it means you carry less weight. It also exfoliates the skin making you feel fresher.

I think the wipes things are fine for small clean ups and a quick freshen but are heavy and pretty wasteful.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Dry baby wipes ala Teepee for the botty, works a treat and burns well.

If water is an issue then I use any sort of babywipes wet and hand santizer, I also use the little packs of antibacterial wipes that you can buy near the tills at Primark, they are 50p for 2 packs of 50 wipes, use them on hands,pits and also on my pans. take up no room and very little weight.

But for me my preference is some steaming hot water and a flannel.

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
So, you want a weekend out!
You don't want to be a total " scratter " so take along some wipes for hands, face , pits and dangly bits...
What brands have you used ?
As I have no particular skin sensitivities, I find all brands much of a muchness. So whichever brand Poundland happen to be selling when I pop in, is the one I use.
Ditto tissues / hand towels and hand sanitizer.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
If going for a liquid or solid soap option using one of those mesh shower bundles make your soap supply last longer, clean more and less being wasted into the environment. Especially on longer trips it means you carry less weight. It also exfoliates the skin making you feel fresher.

Oooh do you want to borrow me make up.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE