Which hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I'd say try before you buy if at all possible...

DD are rated by lots of members on here, but I never got on with them, so sold mine on.

I had a Hennessy Deluxe Asym for about 5 years and loved it, but decided to change to a side zip custom model made by UKHammocks. These days I use a Warbonnet Blackbird...best hammock I've used to date, just pipping the UKHammcks one because of the storage shelf.

Simon

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The best advice I could give you is don't buy too expensive until you know you like it, myself I like my DD, I have both and have not had any trouble with them, what ever the make you get treat yourself to whoopie slings and tree huggers from the start... you'll wonder why you did not if you dont..

shame your not near me and was able to get to the meet in a couple of week times I'd let you have a go in one of mine, no doubt some one will.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd try a DD or TW and see how you get on, if you think it's for you then think about investing in something more comfortable in the future. Like the other guys said, there's no point spending a load of money on the best hammock if you don't get on with it.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'd try a DD or TW and see how you get on, if you think it's for you then think about investing in something more comfortable in the future. Like the other guys said, there's no point spending a load of money on the best hammock if you don't get on with it.

Equally tho' hammocks tend to hold onto their value, I'd go for the comfiest you can afford, if you don't get on with it, flog it on here. Saying that my comfiest hammock cost £15. It's a tenth wonder super xl simple double layered hammock with no bug net. But at 3m long and 2m wide I can get a very flat lay.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE