Which DD tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Advice please the DD 3m x 3m or the DD XL 4.5m x 3m

Never used anything else than an old dpm basha and a Fox Basha or 58 pattern for my own solo walks but this summer planning on talking my two boys out for their first camp.

Question is, is the 3 x 3 too small for a comfortable roomy night or is the 4.5 x 3 good enough or just a little to overkill.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The 3x3 is plenty big enough for bivvying on the deck, it's a bit on the short side for hammocking

EDIT:

If you're taking your lads and they can carry a bit of the gear then bigger is always better with a tarp, that extra 1.5m on the end could help keep the weather out a bit more. If you don't mind carrying the extra weight and bulk then go for the bigger one.

Last edited:

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
The 3x3 is plenty big enough for bivvying on the deck, it's a bit on the short side for hammocking

Ive got a fox one, bit short, is the Xl version a tad too big? (think budget mate) I thought about modding mine, either velcro add-ons (from an old fly sheet) or going for summat, erm, "Sydney opera house stylee" if you get what I mean:rolleyes:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ive got a fox one, bit short, is the Xl version a tad too big? (think budget mate) I thought about modding mine, either velcro add-ons (from an old fly sheet) or going for summat, erm, "Sydney opera house stylee" if you get what I mean:rolleyes:

Are you hammocking or ground dwelling?

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Always prefer ground dwelling. Think I will go with the XL extra weight But extra comfort if any bad weather. THANKS all

Apr 4, 2012
Brighton
i have the 3x3 dd tarp and have set it up for ground dwelling recently. you can configure it in a number of ways. look on the dd tarms ebay page as they have pictures of various set ups.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE