Which course?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorisTheBlade

Dec 3, 2010
London
Ok I have been looking into attending a bushcraft weekend course but there are so many! Can any of you recommend any to me that you have attended? Maybe you run them and want to recommend yourself?

Here are my requirements:

- Location - I live in London, traveling to Sussex is preferable to northwards as my partner's family lives there so can share fuel on trip.
- Price - The going rate seems to be £160+. So far "Wildwood" lead by Leon Durbin seems the best value but he is more focused in animal study rather than a bushcraft nut.
- Content - As well as shelter building, fire making and what not I would like the opportunity to learn how to skin and gut game and fish and better still the chance to learn how to catch it. Many of the courses don't seem to include this.

I have a couple of knives and the relevant gear needed so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance for help!

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
My tuppence worth would be... don't.

Save your money, buy books, read them, try it out someplace. If you want to meet up and learn stuff, wait for the moot. I've only been the once (mainly because it was an epic journey for me), but it was thoroughly worthwhile and good value.

BorisTheBlade

Dec 3, 2010
London
The problem with me is that I am a visual learner. Would be awesome if there were some people up for taking a weekend to hang out and impart me with some knowledge :)

Any takers? I could bring some tasty food and beers for all to share on the open fire...

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
what MM says, take a look on the meetups thread theres a may meet in sussex. save your money and get some practicle hands on first, then tailor a course to suite if you still want too. :)

steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE