Which 12g Cartridge?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Interestingly bore is measured by the number of shot that can be made from a pound of lead. So 12 bore makes sense - 12 gauge is just a corruption

To answer your question - try No.6 shot.

My semi likes heavier rounds so I would go for 30 gram or above.

Felt wads make a lot less mess but some claim plastic give a better shot pattern. I use felt.

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Depends on the gun to be honest - some prefer one make or another. I don't know the Hatsan so go to a reputable gunsmith and ask their advice. Be sure to mention its a semi and say you want something for wood pigeon. Pretty sure they will suggest No 6 shot. Anything from 28 gram up should be okay.

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have some ounce and a quarter solid slugs upsatirs ArkAngel - reckon they would do the job?

:D

Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
Thanks guys.

I'm in Scotland at the moment so a bit of wildfowling might come my way later in the year. Then it'll be the 3.5 magnums!

No6 is what I usually go for with pheasant. But I've not shot pigeon with a shotgun before.

Any other tips, so I dont embarrass myself in front of the Scots?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE