Where to get plain brown wool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
I have not been to the forum for about 6 months due to the hastles with logging in, but now am looking to find some plain brown wool of a fairly tight weave and descent thickness.

Think medieval friar and you will know what I am looking for as to plainness and thickness.

Any help in locating a supplier would be appreciated.

cheers

Jamie

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I have not been to the forum for about 6 months due to the hastles with logging in, but now am looking to find some plain brown wool of a fairly tight weave and descent thickness.

Think medieval friar and you will know what I am looking for as to plainness and thickness.

Any help in locating a supplier would be appreciated.

cheers

Jamie

I just bought some today from my local market stall. Trouble is, when it's gone it's gone as he's not doing any more like it.

wool-sm.jpg

It's the brown reel in the middle, weighs in at 1.6kg. I'm going to use it on the warp weighted loom I'm making. (The other white wool is hand spun undyed for other projects).

Eric

Edit: Just seen Toddy's post. I thought you were after wool rather than fabric, ready woven.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE