Where do you keep all your kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Just wondering where you guys keep all your kit at home. I'm starting to build a collection but so far I've been keeping most things stuffed in my backpack and shoved in the bottom of the cupboard. I now have no space for clothes!

Also I don't really want all my outdoor gear in with work clothes etc as they might get a bit musty.

Where do you keep all your kit? Cupboard, garage, under the stairs? Is your hammock in the hallway or basha in the bathroom?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The spare bedroom... the other spare bedroom... the landing... the attic.. the main bedroom... the sitting room... the kitchen... the utility room... the shed... the garage... the greenhouse...

Basically wheverever I have sapce to put something... much to the continual annoyance of the little wifey :lmao::lmao:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
haha good timing,...i am actually typing this with Mrs R whining at me,...

i have a Manshelf in the room full of knives and ****,...

then i have comendeered half the conservatory with all kinds of gear,...

thats not counting my garage/workshop,...

she'll be rate,...i,ll let her buy some shoes tommorow...

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Hidden in the bedroom, hidden in the garage and hidden in the car. If swmbo found it all, there'd be hell to pay!! We used my newly bought german surplus poncho as a blanket for a picnic today, "oh that old thing... had it for years..." ;)

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Hidden in the bedroom, hidden in the garage and hidden in the car. If swmbo found it all, there'd be hell to pay!! We used my newly bought german surplus poncho as a blanket for a picnic today, "oh that old thing... had it for years..." ;)

how you find the ponch mate??...

i picked mine up off here ages ago for a fiver,....

its ace,...i even slept under it a couple of weeks ago,...

Sorry for the hijack,....

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
eehhmmm....
Let's see....

the stuff I am working on; in the kitchen
the stuff I need for a day out (daypack packed); in the storageroom
the stuff I am accumulating for a night out with a family of 5; in the attic and it takes up half the room there!
and I have an emergencykit in the car, too

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
First impressions are excellent. I specifically went with it because I knew the material was similar to fishermans oilskins so is tough and waterproof and can be sealed with gaffer tape in an emergency. Yes it's heavy, but is worth having for the price.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
All over the place. It all initially fitted in a few cardboard and walking boot boxes under the bed, then spread to the bottom of the wardrobe. Now Ive got several stacked boxes and a big toolbag in the sitting room. Plus all the stuff Im working on lying out on my "workbench" (read fireplace here).
Im in the market for a chest to get it all in, will need to be a big un!

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
For the last few years I have been allowed to have a "toy cupboard" in the spare bedroom. It is an old wardrobe and all my outdoorsy stuff and my camera kit live in there. The problem is, SWMBO wants me to decorate the room and get rid of the wardrobe...

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Much the same as the OP. Started in the wardrobe, now two wardrobes, two cupboards, under the bed, two coat racks and a sleeping bag and smock hanging on the bedroom wall. Moved the missus out to make room :)
P.s. I very rarely have a basha in the bathroom these days.

Chastiser

Need to contact Admin...
i keep the tent, footprint and carpet and most of my other stuff in the garage. sleeping bags stay in the house so that they dont get damp. the cooker is also in the garage but the jetboil lives in the house as we use it lots when out in the car or hiking.

towim

Dec 5, 2007
West Wales
Majority of my kit is in my HQ (garage) EDC is in the car and stuff im sorting is in the Dining room. TBH the garage is only for kit and is all racked one side for bushcrafty gear and the other side is for supplies and mining kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE