Where do you buy your multifuels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kaiAnderson

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2013
Liverpool
We have no gas mains so had an oil boiler but it died a death. Having to quickly replace a boiler we went for a multifuels stove boiler that does our heating and water too. Because it was an emergency decision we've now got our new stove plumbed in and not thought about the fuel.
Me brother is a farmer so we can get wood from him in fits and starts but really we want to get some logs and smokeless in store.

Where does everyone buy there logs and smokeless from? And how much they paying?

We're in knutsford ish and need maybe a ton of smokeless and a few meters of seasoned logs (taking down 3 trees on our land, but they won't be seasoned for a year or so).

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
There's a good firewood section of this forum

http://arbtalk.co.uk/

or have a look in Gumtree.

Be careful with quantities etc. A builders bag is sometime 800mm x 800mm x 800mm. Sound near a cubic meter but is in fact 0.512 cube. Prices are changing with new suppliers all the time. I've seem soft wood locally (allegedly dry) at £35 a cube buying about £200 worth at a time.

Coal etc better by the tonne certainly not in small bags. Phone around.

It's time to build a log store I think, get a chanisaw and start cutting for next year!:)

Hope this helps.

kaiAnderson

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2013
Liverpool
I got a log store already as we had an open fire. It was more wanting to know what people pay so I know what prices to look for.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I pay £300 a tonne for smokeless by shopping around and buying in Summer - I have seen it go or up to £500 in Winter.

I usually can scrounge up trees on a "cut up and take away" basis, but when I have to buy it a 7 1/2 tonne lorry full of unprocessed firewood (great big branches, whole trunks etc.) costs me about £100 - which equates to about £15-£20 per cut, stacked, cubic metre when I process it.

Around here dried, delivered, processed logs cost about £65 per builders bag - which is under a cubic metre. I have seen them go for over £100.

I estimate as our main heat source, we need around 8 cubic metres per year and up to a tonne of smokeless.

Hope that helps. if you have to buy expensive logs, you will get more "bang for your buck" out of smokeless.

kaiAnderson

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2013
Liverpool
That's exactly what I was after. I got a tonne of smokeless for 310 today and can get processed logs for 60 a meter if I buy 4 at a time but gotta get me log store sorted first.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE