Where do I fit in...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
OK, so assuming I was intending to become a contributing member here, and assuming as that contributing member I would occassionally offer the odd example of my wares, for sale, to other members, what kind of membership would I need?

I would think: Maker - Full Member

But then this from the 'Available Subscriptions' section of the site... ‘Makers Market’ forum membership. Also includes full membership. Allows makers to sell in the Makers Market. ( Only for hobbyist makers) See notice in Makers forum for more information

I am not a hobbyist maker, so, where's for me?

Thank you in anticipation.... :)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Best thing is to ask Tony Stu. There are not many full time professional makers in the UK and even fewer on here, so it doesnt present itself as an issue that often.

I think the rule is to separate commercial from non-commercial sales. At this point in time, Tony doesnt allow commercial sales on the forum, but I'm not sure if artisan knifemakers are the intended target of that rule. Tony says that if you make more than 8 of something a month, you're commercial, I guess that would be you. I think Tony plans to open up a commercial sales area, but I think his intention is to charge business rates for commercial advertisers. Not sure though, so best ask the boss for clarification.

headrox_inc

Apr 8, 2008
Birmingham
I'm in the prosess of setting up a small bushcraft website of my own with its own little forum attached to it, its still early days but I would have no problem with you advertising your stuff on their and it will be free, I'm not out to make money from this site its just a group page but like i said its in early days and hasnt yet taken off, but then again i only published the site last night. If you are interest please let me know + i will be also setting up a Survivalist Myspace page, got no porblems with adding you on there 2.

Happy to help.

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
And if it helps any, a little further info... I am not talking about all of a sudden flooding BCUK with custom knives, it is seldom that I get a knife to offer as at the minute, all are made to order, and, as I'm currently quoting delivery in 2009 that keeps me pretty busy... Also, amongst any knives I might get to offer, not all would be appropriate for here, so that further reduces the quantity of sales threads I would be starting...

But, from time to time I do get a couple of spare blades and the likes, not seconds, just surplus, these I currently move along on other forums, some would be perfect for here... I don't sell these for ridiculous amounts of money, I'm happy to cover costs and a couple of pints... Everyone gets a good deal!

I know you don't know me Tony, or the way I operate, feel free to ask around, check out my track record on said other forums, I am pretty sure I could even supply a couple of references if need be...

Anyways, take your time, have a think about it, as I said, I am in no rush.

Have a good weekend,

Stu :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE