Where can you practice in uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Diff

Is there a information section on areas where people can go to practice bushcraft skills with small groups?

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Don't know about any set aside areas, or information sections. Your best bet is to get pally with a land owner, or try and rent an area of woodland. I have had plenty of practice searching for woodland, so if i can help at all then let me know.

A few things that I will say now are:

Landowners either value their privacy or want to charge a lot of money for "occasional" use.
Try sticking a note in your local free-ads in the Farming Section, and you may well get a few leads.
I pushed the "exchange of services" angle for payment. You can probably get a reduction in rent if you are up for a bit of graft (if you are lucky it will include chopping things and burning stuff)
"Shared use acceptable" will get them thinking that they can double book and make more.
Try to be vague and this will appeal to Farmer's inquisative nature, and you should get a few calls, then you can go and see the area and decide for yourself if it is worth the cash/service exchange.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Is there a information section on areas where people can go to practice bushcraft skills with small groups?
Its in the works :wink:
Tony is putting together a list of areas and sites that are 'bushcraft friendly'. A few people have had good success with scout campsites... look for one in your area here http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin/camping/db.cgi?db=camping&uid=default and look for one that allows 'wild camping' and 'fires'.
oh... and if you have any luck with any... don't forget to email bushcraftuk so it can be added to the list
:lol:
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE