What to do?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Deary me, they must be putting something in the water.:rolleyes:

What is wrong with everybody?

I agree, I go away for a few days and find everyone's at each other's throats.

Lighten up folks - statements like "all men do..." are meant in jest.

I like this forum because (up to this week) everyone is polite and can take a bit of a joke and there is an imense amount of experience and skill to draw on. Clearly buck52 (who claims to be a ranger ,and I have no reason to doubt it) has just joined to complain - it's a shame because people who work as closely to the countryside as he does have a great deal to offer us.

Anyway, everyone tak a deep breath, let it out slowly, and SMILE. :)

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Well I deplore the behaviour of Ryan's two mates (in the loosest of term).

I once had a friend of a friend tag along on a camping trip and after he'd played silly devils with an air rifle (which I took off him) and the fire, I politely told him he wasn't welcome in no uncertain terms;)

As for Buck52's out burst and as most people have pointed out it was 2 years ago that the original thread was started: confused:

Has anyone looked at Buck52's additional info?

I did and it might explain a few things, I've copied it to here:

Biography:
respector of the countryside
Interests:
none
ranger

If this is true the poor chap may have been plagued with chav's causing no end of both and" we" as a forum just happened to cop for a very narrow-minded persons anger:confused:

As for what Firecrest said........

Lads (and all men actually) absolutely hate it when you name and shame them to their mums, though it might be difficult to do when your 17 I know it always worked for lousy students!

I agree with BR its not fair to come out with a comment like that, fair enough Students who maybe are still attached to the apron string, but not all men.

If the boot was on the other foot and we said "all women" I'm sure you wouldn't like it and we (the men amongst us) would be labeled as sexist?

I feel there been enough upset/agro on here lately and I'm sure Toddy will agree, so let just put it to bed and move on:)

Regard Richard

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I see Broch's beat me too it:lmao:

Cheers

Richard

I agree, I go away for a few days and find everyone's at each other's throats.

Lighten up folks - statements like "all men do..." are meant in jest.

I like this forum because (up to this week) everyone is polite and can take a bit of a joke and there is an imense amount of experience and skill to draw on. Clearly buck52 (who claims to be a ranger ,and I have no reason to doubt it) has just joined to complain - it's a shame because people who work as closely to the countryside as he does have a great deal to offer us.

Anyway, everyone tak a deep breath, let it out slowly, and SMILE. :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If the boot was on the other foot and we said "all women" I'm sure you wouldn't like it and we (the men amongst us) would be labeled as sexist?

I feel there been enough upset/agro on here lately and I'm sure Toddy will agree, so let just put it to bed and move on:)

Regard Richard

Agreed - its dropped

Red

This is the internet.:rolleyes: It seems to go with the ability to say what you like anonymously; some folks just can't handle it.

wow, you're quick. i deleted that post immediately after sending it in an effort at self-censorship.

self-censorship is easy for me. after all, it was the infamous tyrannical toddy (quiver, shake, etc) that taught me to weave and to whom i owe a great deal and so on. and i wouldn't want to get her back up.

similar sentiments, better articulated if i was completely sober and typing comfortably, could be continued here, but won't, cos i'm not

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I went to the Moot last year.
First time and the first time I'd met virtually everybody there.

Three folks, in seperate incidences told me. "You're not as fierce as feared!" :eek: :lmao:

I nearly changed my sig line :D

Oh, and humblebumble took the little bits I showed him and worked with them, and went and found more, and worked with them too, and is now one of the best weavers I know :D
Right time, right place, right people.
I love synchronicity :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Oh, and humblebumble took the little bits I showed him and worked with them, and went and found more, and worked with them too, and is now one of the best weavers I know :D

hooray for tablet weaving! for many reason it's an excellent introduction to the fibre arts. not least cause you can give someone to take away with them after 30 minutes. (provided you've already made the warp). also, it teaches you about warp handling, tension, and the basic rudimentaries of Patience While Doing The Boring Stuff, which is all important

as it goes, i made a proper hash of that first warp. and i have no idea where it went. i think it went the same way as Muirhouse estate, most likely

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I went to the Moot last year.
First time and the first time I'd met virtually everybody there.

Three folks, in seperate incidences told me. "You're not as fierce as feared!" :eek: :lmao:

I nearly changed my sig line :D

Right time, right place, right people.
I love synchronicity :cool:

cheers,
Toddy
#

Not so feirce? Oh oyu kept me safe for sure!

Red, thayou for dropping things, I had a good chat with the women folk of my clan, we berasdated everybody from "the apprentace " to the poope and I still got work in the morning lortd above.

I wont post on this forum again, you are not country people.
Haha.
This is a local forum for local people - there's nothing here for you.
I hate that league of gentlemen show but that part of his post did make me laugh and reminded me of the show. I know the poster didn't mean to be funny - but I laughed my head off.

I suppose it's come as a surprise to the country folk on here to hear they are not country people. How have any of you dealt with that revelation?

Good riddance
Bye then.
Don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out.

GERROFF MY LAAAAND!!!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Sounds like someone had a really bad day at the office..:confused:

Three folks, in seperate incidences told me. "You're not as fierce as feared!"
It's a good thing to have a "fierce" reputation, people respect you more... as long as you don't carry a viking axe in your handbag and use it :eek:

Tablet weaving is on my "to learn" list, it's just too many things to do first, like making a linen shirt :rolleyes: :eek:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It's a good thing to have a "fierce" reputation, people respect you more... as long as you don't carry a viking axe in your handbag and use it :eek:
No she carries a bronze age hand scythe, it is better for disemboweling trolls. :D

I have found you can't really judge someone on a forum until you met them, and toddy is actually like hand spun bunny wool. Lodan is total gentleman and firecrest is anything but sexist.

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
i recommend taking them a nice long way from help, and asking if they want to play "who can throw the super sharp axe the highest?"........ stand well back and enjoy.

but yea, - dump them, their idiots. When i was younger there were lots of kids like that, and most of them ended up with a criminal record in one way or anouther.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Forgot about this post completly.

Its been two years since then , ive been out on many occasions to those woods with different people. And tried to clear up as much as i could from that bad experience.

I've found myself clearing up other campsites aswell.

Ive been busy with my new career in the airforce, and as its my 18th b irthday i got a card of the site and it reminded me that ive not been on in a while.

But anyway i don't hang around with those people anymore, i still use lenabo when im up there and I shall continue to do so.

Spammel thanks for the comment....

Lodian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE