what sleeping bag would you recomend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adam_myers

Sep 25, 2011
durham
Been looking for a sleeping bag for a while but there's so many, i want a light weight small packing bag 3-4 seasons.

i've been looking at the snugpak softie range but i'm still unsure.

what sleeping bag do you use aswell?

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Its an often asked question and depends on budget but lightweight 3-4 season is not usually cheap

I have a western mountaineering 3 season down bag that weighs about 710g but is £pricey. Alpkit pipe dream seem to be a popular pick too and are half reasonable in price.

My main bag is a snugpak elite 4 which is circa 2kg but keeps me warm.

It all depends on budget and what you will use it for most. I will only carry the down bag if there is walking involved

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I've got a snugpak softie (cant remember which one) and I like it for the warmer months. The temperature rating for them is very optimistic. For that reason I also have an alpkit skyehigh which is a down bag and has a good warmth to weight/space ratio.

Sent from my phone.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I use a British Army winter sleeping bag (not the arctic version) and its toasty, roomy, bombproof and has very handy mesh pockets inside. It isn't lightweight or small packing though, weighs a ton and will take up most of a backpack, but great if you dont have to walk far and cheap, think I paid around £20 for mine.

adam_myers

Sep 25, 2011
durham
@tartan I think that's about what I'm looking for, think I've found my next purchase thanks!

@paul I'm in the army, well phase one at the moment and yeah the bags are loverly and warm but they're massive to pack.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Can't recommend you a light weight, small packing bag as my days of shivering at night in an inadaquate sleeping bag are over. I currently use a Snugpak sleeper Xtreme which I bought as a provisional bag back in 2008 whilst waiting to see what other bags were out there, when I got back into this camping lark after a long absence. But the fact is I haven't found the need to change it. It's worth every penny of it's £40 price tag & I'm sure it performs just as well as the bags at the higher end of the market. It ain't lightweight though & as for packing size, it'll readily fill up a 100 litre rucky if I let it. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE