What simple trick?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Make a tripod to keep your pack of the floor when hammocking. It also gives you access to your pack whilst in your hammock. Perfect for stowing clothing whilst still in your hammock or a place to rest your water bottle and other bits. Was a tip from Greg on here and works a charm. Takes a couple of minute and a little bit of cord.

Can just about see it here in the background.
4jUfn8t.jpg

Second one is a tip from a friend and its a "poop bag" (edited for family forum) :)

Small drybag with toilet roll, bio wipes, hand gel and a bic lighter. Keeps everything needed in one place and keeps it all dry. Also stops you having to rummage around your pack after that first woods strength coffee in the morning.

bearbait

It's easier to get to sleep at night with warm feet (amongst other things!). I have a pair of down bootees I wear at first on cold nights, then remove them if I wake up too warm. A loose pair of wool socks or fibre-pile bootees may be a reasonable substitute.

Following on from dwardo's "poop bag" suggestion I find having a wide-mouthed 1L water bottle, initially empty, and clearly marked with a large capital P adjacent to my place of rest a useful thing to have to avoid too much discomfort and wandering about in the dark during the night. However this solution is a little more problematical for ladies.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
2L iceceam tub for the ladies - next to the bed set up of choice - a tip from my wife....
Great in the back of the van in motorway hold-ups as well...

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Until age catches up with me my wee solution is to never go to my pit without having a wee first. My system is no drink half an hour before you turn in then move about a bit to warm up. Then get into your sleeping bag, eat some peanuts then sleep.

It works for me so far. At worst I've had to get up a little early in the morning but I tend to do that anyway when camping out. Early up = early start. Nothing better than meeting the sweaty hordes reaching the top of a lakeland hill knowing that by the time they reach you you've probably done more walking than they will do all day. Having done your 3rd hill before 9 or 10am is a sweet trip for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE