what is wrong with the Forum?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Every time I try to post a message the thing crashes/freezes and I have to recover the web page and the restore auto saved content. This is happening pretty much every time I try to post a message/reply more so on the reply.

IE 9 windows 7 up to date.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Every time I try to post a message the thing crashes/freezes and I have to recover the web page and the restore auto saved content. This is happening pretty much every time I try to post a message/reply more so on the reply.

IE 9 windows 7 up to date.

It just happened to me trying to reply to this...One evening it happened half a dozen times before I gave up

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Its been like this for me for a couple of weeks. PM's are the worst. I reply and it crashes. I've learnt to now CNTRL C and V on all text I write or it dissapears into the ether.

TBH, I thought it was a problem with my OS (windows7) and it needed a re-install.:dunno:

Other problems; the quote cursor wont move when enter is hit. I'm having to retype it every time.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
It`s a little glitchy from my android tablet, but I'm pretty sure that is a compatibility issue with the OS. Not had any problems at all with my Windows 7 and Firefox equipped desktop.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i use another forum that i keep open as well, this forum causes all sorts of crashes, here, email etc never happens here if this is the only one i have open though.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry but I haven't had a problem with it in ages..........and I have five windows open just now, so kind of indicates that it's not that.

There was an issue a while back when cookies changed............try clearing yours and log in again, see if that sorts it out ?

I'll flag this for Admin, but most of them are at the Moot, so it might not get a quick response.

cheers,
M

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I find IE9 a bit flakey so only use it for watching TVcatchup on the bedroom telly. No problems with BCUK using Chrome and Firefox.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The only crashes I get are when I upload a picture from computer. Then when I go to resize it it sometimes freezes on me and the forum stops responding. I have to shut it down and lose my post.

Like others I've got into a habit of copying my text before I upload pictures.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I should probably add for any android users that I just installed Chrome on my android tablet and the glitchiness of the forum has gone away. So if you're using the native browser on an Asus Transformer, consider installing chrome and you'll have less problems.

However the spell check function doesn't seem to be working any more, but that's a small price to pay for being able to actually write replies to posts ;)

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. Only happened the once to me! I think the major problem with the site is the idiots that start and continue pointless arguments just for the sake of it. Not a huge amount you can do about that though except ignore them!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE