What is the most elaborate meal you have eaten or cooked bushcraft style

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
What is the most elaborate meal that you have cooked bushcraft style or eaten in the great outdoors.Method is not that important,could be cooked over an open fire,baked in the ground ect ect ect.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Hmm, a toss up between a pit roasted wild Hog or an Elk back strap roasted over an open fire on a spit. Both were at the archery range near our mtn. home and put up by the archery club we belonged to during our annual members shoot. Nothing fancy, but lots of fruit and veggies, including Potato wedges with the Hog. Corn on the cob, home made bread and baked Potato with the Elk.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
snail rabbit and pigeon risotto :shock: what? i thought it was nice, made my dad gag though :rolmao: it was like a bush craft paella :naughty: i had the snails purging in my garage for ages living it up on greens and garlic, went out shooting and came home and had a cook up in my back garden,not exactly cooking in the wilds but hey it was outdoor cooking :biggthump , PM me if you want the recipy :wink:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Paganwolf said:
snail rabbit and pigeon risotto :shock: what? i thought it was nice, made my dad gag though :rolmao: it was like a bush craft paella :naughty: i had the snails purging in my garage for ages living it up on greens and garlic, went out shooting and came home and had a cook up in my back garden,not exactly cooking in the wilds but hey it was outdoor cooking :biggthump , PM me if you want the recipy :wink:
mmmmmmmm,sounds interesting :eek:):

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Roast chicken, Yorkshire puddings, pea, carrots and califlower. With gravey of course.

Scout campcraft competion back some 15year ago or so. We had do a full four course meal for sunday lunch. I came third as my vegs were a little well done.

James

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Hare sirlon steaks and a leg of hare with walnut and mushroom with a lovely rice concoction - even had avacado in it
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

At the Hunter course last month. :lol:

Cheers

Mark

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fish. :wink:
And of course i love my absolutely compulsory oatmeal (cooked)! :D Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially in the woods, so it must be prepared and cooked with loving care, until the smallest detail! :eek:):

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
hmmm it would be a toss up between the crab starter followed by rabbit, jews ear, sea kale and nettle shoot stew with bannock side order. which i had with Ed and Justin time

98P1010082.JPG

OR

the Wild asparagus starters followed by rabbit and wild mushroom stew with bannock dumplings I enjoyed with Ed and Lithril

98P1010174.JPG

all of the above were caught and snared by otherselves which always makes them seem taster

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Stuart said:
hmmm it would be a toss up between the crab starter followed by rabbit, jews ear, sea kale and nettle shoot stew with bannock side order. which i had with Ed and Justin time

98P1010082.JPG

OR

the Wild asparagus starters followed by rabbit and wild mushroom stew with bannock dumplings I enjoyed with Ed and Lithril

98P1010174.JPG

all of the above were caught and snared by otherselves which always makes them seem taster
Sounds fabulous that does Stuart.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
uuuummmmmm It was ;-) The asparagus was a lucky find and the hedge garlic added just a hint of flavor to the stew...... the beach leaves we just munched on while we were waiting for dinner to cook.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE