What Head Torch???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
http://www.snipersystems.co.uk/id70.html
Cyclopskitsm.jpg

K

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What I find most amusing about the above ( and I'm sure its a good headtorch in itself ) is that they have included Crenulations on the torch normally found on Tactical lights and the such , I guess a Glaswegian kiss with that thing is certainly going to have an impact.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
crenellations are also useful for letting a little light out if you place the torch lens-down.

the mythical skull-crusher use is, I think, um, mythical

BLAG

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2014
sherwood forest
I've got the led lenser xeo x19r. Didn't cost 300 thou. 220. But without doubt my favourite torch it's the petzl nao. I was so impressed with the nao 1 I had to have the nao 2 when it came out. I use it for night trail running camping,walking and anything in-between. The reactive lighting is amazing and the battery really lasts on this setting

Stevenm

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2014
Poole
I bought the basic Lidl headtorch a few years ago and it still works fine and only on its second set of batteries

I intend to get a couple more when they are on sale again

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
I bought one (and almost immediately a second) from Wilko's last year...1 Red LED and 2 White, runs on 3 AAA batteries and is not overly hard on the batteries. They were basically bought as backups but they are basically the only ones I use now......£3 a piece.

D.B.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I was lucky on ebay, picked up a new Princeton Tec Vizz for a tenner.

Last edited:

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
I seem to use mainly Princeton Tec when it comes to head torches Whitby and co stock a huge selection to choose from.

I owned a priceton tec head torch and I loved it until the day it broke. the battery compartment cover is a week point. mine broke in a carry on bag on a flight. if you get one it may be work getting a container for it

71yKxT7kkkL._SL256_.jpg

Feb 7, 2013
Northumberland
I just got a Petzl xp headtorch.....been looking for a while as I've only ever used cheap ones but really need a better light when out at night with my black lab whose eyesight is failing!
I got the orange colour which is the same as the others, but was £26 instead of £38! Will probably be easier to find as well......

It arrived today and could instantly tell the build quality but I can't work out how to get the red beam on. I press various sequences and the only red beam is a slight flicker for a few seconds, which happens when I (think) change to red. Not sure if it's me not knowing how it's properly used or it's damaged and needs to go back. Any ideas??

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I just got a Petzl xp headtorch.....been looking for a while as I've only ever used cheap ones but really need a better light when out at night with my black lab whose eyesight is failing!
I got the orange colour which is the same as the others, but was £26 instead of £38! Will probably be easier to find as well......

It arrived today and could instantly tell the build quality but I can't work out how to get the red beam on. I press various sequences and the only red beam is a slight flicker for a few seconds, which happens when I (think) change to red. Not sure if it's me not knowing how it's properly used or it's damaged and needs to go back. Any ideas??
One long press if i remember. Would check but a friend stole it when his recently broke.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE