What enviroment do you feel most natural in?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redflex

Need to contact Admin...
I feel at home anywhere with trees, I love the forest.

Worked in open moorlands and felt very uncomfortabe and losted.

Some poeple dont like being far from the sea with it is the same for trees.

When out on some of the Scottish Islands, very beautiful but was uneasy as no trees could not wait to get back to my forest.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
woodlands and rolling fields for me. The quintessential English countryside. I love the ruggedness of the Scottish mountains and the Cornish coast, but the wolds always call me home.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
deserts definatly, I enjoy the jungle but I feel at home in the desert, I suppose it because its where I grew up.

the word desert is more wide ranging than people realise, the arctic is a desert for example, so I suppose I should be more difinitive, I like rolling dunes and gravel deserts of the type found in the middle east I am esspecially fond of wadis.

the Empty quarter U.A.E
UAEbcuk.jpg

my wife in a wadi, the Sinai
98cindy_walkway.jpg

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
I once asked my grandfather if he'd ever been lost in the woods. He gave me a perplexed look and said, "The woods are my home. How can you be lost when you're home?"

I'm with him. Feel most at home in the woods.

PG

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
In all honsesty, any countryside location. I love the forests, shoreline and mountains equally, but I suppose I'm happiest near water features of any kind. Don't know why, but i always choose my walks near water of any sort.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
pierre girard said:
I once asked my grandfather if he'd ever been lost in the woods. He gave me a perplexed look and said, "The woods are my home. How can you be lost when you're home?"

I'm with him. Feel most at home in the woods.

PG

I like that quote, for me that sums up Bushcraft!

nameless

Forager
Jan 1, 2004
at home
I havn't been everywhere (yet) but the coast seems to make me the most comforable or a tempuarte forest. Both are not extreme in either way so its easy enough place to learn copmared to the tundra or desert ( i hope :p )

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
I love the northern woods, snow and cold.
I would never go to the djungle or places where it is too hot.
I cant stand heat, I much prefer the cold woods and fix myself a fire and a hot drink.

cheers
Abbe

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I like all natural habitats except hot wet ones.

A rainforrest would be purgatory for me. :(

Everywhere else I'm as happy as a pig in an oak wood. :D

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I guess you could say that I'm at home in Nature, without being specific to the eco system I happen to be standing in at the time. However, if I have to narrow it down to a specific type of surroundings, the biodiversity of California draws me like a magnet and the coast, mountains, pine and hardwood forests, grasslands and Redwoods of our area here are my home.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE