What do you think about this Bivi?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I'm on the lookout for a cheap bivi to use, probably with a tarp over it. I have seen used army ones on ebay, but I'm not sure how good they are. This one states that it uses a similar material to goretex, and is waterproof to 4000mm hydrostatic. Here

It's only £15, what do you guys think?

Ideally I'd like a cheap one, which is waterproof and wind proof. It doesn't need to look good, or have poles, or anything fancy.

I'm just looking for a nice small lightweight alternative to a tent as I usually travel by motorcycle. A hammock isn't really an option, as trees aren't always in situe lol

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It looks like one of those cheapy nylon jobs. Can't be sure though, but my instinct says avoid and try one of the surplus stores for something you can trust rather than taking a punt at an unknown.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
You can pick up serviceable grade 1 issue bags for about £25-30.
New/unissued ones would be in the region of £50

They often pop up on here in the member classifieds. If you post an 'item wanted' in the relevant area of the site someone might get back to you if they have one spare/surplus...

Last edited:

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
How about item 310203437338 on e bay?

1 hour to go and £14.50

Don't rush into buying one, as there are loads out there.

If you miss this one, I'm sure someone here will have one.

I'll PM someone on here who I think has one for sale

Snozz

Thanks for all the replies guys, I guess I'll try and get a good condition army one then. I'll keep an eye on ebay and see.

Thanks for offering to PM someone snozz, I don't have any £££ at the moment though, but it would be good to see how much he wanted for it.

Thanks for the help guys. goodjob

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
I have one lurking in my store, I would be happy to trade it - it is in work at the moment, it is certainly used but I will check it tomoro to confirm its condition

Onfire

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE