what do you take to occupy yourself when its dark?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

what do you take to occupy yourself in the dark?

• book-fiction

Votes: 47 21.4%
  • book-non fiction

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • book-referance

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • MP3 Player

Votes: 42 19.1%
  • Cards

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Nothing

Votes: 86 39.1%

• Total voters

Arizroughrider

Forager
Apr 24, 2010
Prescott, Arizona USA
Which of the two knocks you senseless quickest? :D

She does. How many women love to go camping and hiking? On one hike over the Easter weekend we went 8 miles in on one day and 8 miles out the next day up and down the mountains with knee deep snow in some parts to a place with no facilities (bathroom) carrying a 50 lb pack (she weighs 120 lbs) and liked it. I am so lucky to have her.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
She does. How many women love to go camping and hiking? On one hike over the Easter weekend we went 8 miles in on one day and 8 miles out the next day up and down the mountains with knee deep snow in some parts to a place with no facilities (bathroom) carrying a 50 lb pack (she weighs 120 lbs) and liked it. I am so lucky to have her.

You certainly are!

All the best,

Liam

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
I like to read a book by candle light whilst a hearty meal is digested, followed by plenty of Zzzz's as I sway in my hammock. Bliss.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
I always take a novel I'm reading, but after a day in the fresh air, a good feed, a glass or two of wine and ridiculous chats around the fire my eyes don't stay open for long.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
a bit of wood,

and i'll try and knock out a lil whittling,..

extreme adrenaline whittling of course, which involves a belly full of sloe gin and a head torch.

i often wake up surrounded by shavings and some, erm,......masterpiece???? wondering where the inspiration came from,...

i came up with a little oak totem pole thingy over two nights last week, i'll post a pic when i get home

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
took a piece of dried oak and made this!

hahah not saying its anything to be proud of mind, but its on topic with the thead as it occupied me for a couple of hours round the fire with a few mates and a bottle.

i did it with a CRKT Side Hawg 2, (not the best knife to work with but its all i had in my bag other than an RC-6)

i used it the following night to ward off evil spirits from the tarp.

Image0110.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE