What do you never leave home without?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kirruth

Forager
Apr 15, 2005
Reading
www.bayes.org.uk
The curse of having a handbag is you fill it up. I have these squirrelled away in my bag:

- mini torch
- SAK Camping
- firesteel
- strike anywhere matches
- button compass
- disposable poncho (impossibly glamorous)

I'll usually carry a pocket map, notebook and pencil, cotton wool and sunglasses but these are "dual use" items, so don't count as bushcrafty :27: .

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I always have a blade on me. Usually a lock blade victorinox w/saw and because there is a BSA Hotspark attached, I also carry an aluminum, compass topped match safe, wrapped with duct tape and stuffed full of tinder.

longshot

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 16, 2006
Newfoundland, Canada
small pocket knife, and disposable lighter. basics of survival means of cutting stuff and means of making fire.

dean

PS a hat, lack of insulation up top don't you know. :lmao:

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
i try to carry knowledge with me what little of it i have, and a small pocket knife on my keyring, and usaly my little oppanel and a firesteel

Oct 18, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire, UK
I usually have my SAK on me, except when I'm going to use the train or going to an airport or pub. I also carry a lighter, even though I don't smoke, although it is usually used to light other people's fags.
At one point I started carrying my fire steel in my pocket but not only is a lighter more efficient I have began running out of space in my pockets!

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Always have keys with led torch on, mobile phone, wallet with a victorinox card in (unless I'm flying, then have to remember to remove it).

In the car is always a first aid kit, torch, blanket, cool bag plus a few other necessary items for the car.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I've thought about this thread for quite a while. In the end there is only one thing I would hate to be without, common sense! If we don't have that then all the other gadgets and other pieces of equipment would be of little use. I would hope it would help keep me out of trouble. If I did get into trouble I would hope it would help.

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
i always carry both my knife and laplander folding saw, and my firesteel and a few tinder pouches lives in my jacket, which im normally wearing.
ALEX

folkilsk

Jun 24, 2006
Linköping, Sweden
My EDC is a Maxpedition Fatboy containing:

Stuff related to bushcraft:
Fixed blade knife
Firesteel
Lighter
Compass
Aluminum water bottle
Work gloves
Map

Other stuff:
Superglue
Mosquito repellent
Leatherman Charge XTi multi-tool
Inova XO3 flashlight
First aid kit
Latex gloves
Self defense spray
Ear pluggs
Glasses
Pen and paper
Spork
Gel disinfectant
Pocket tissues
Cellphone
Wallet
Cordage
MP3 player
Spare batteries

Seems a bit much, but most of it has proven useful :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE