What Do you do with Roadkill?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What Do you do with Roadkill?

• Ignore it and leave it to those whose job it is.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Drive over it to make a bigger mess

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Move it off the road where it cannot pose a traffic risk to scavengers(other animals I mean)

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Bring it home and let the dog eat it

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Bring it home and eat it yourself

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • PM your mates who collect roadkill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please let us know

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Depending on the state of the kill and how fresh it is, I normally place it in the hedge but I have been known to take a pheasant or two home with me!

Swede

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2006
Sweden Roslagen
When we (me and my fiancée) come across a roadkill we try to stop and move it of the road. Just to make the road secure for other drivers and we don´t want the dead animal to attract any carnivore. If it´s a cat for example, we look for a necklace with a phone number to the owner or any other ID and place an add in the local store. In Sweden it´s against the law to collect roadkills. If you have caused the accident and the animal are hurt and runs away you are responsible by law to contact the police. /Swede :nono:

Butchd

Forager
Feb 20, 2007
Surrey
For those who vote run over again, I recall a friend who lost two tyres on his landie from doing that to a fox - rib bones went straight through! I have to admit that I voted ignore because generally the roads around here are just too busy for stopping to be safe.

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
Pigeon or pheasant I take just the breast meat.
Rabbits I've been giving to a mate who keeps hawks as they are often badly mashed internally but in future I will keep the back legs as suggested here.
Everything I move to the hedgerow for the scavengers.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
When I had ferrets, I regularly picked up road kills. Once the car in front hit a hen pheasant, I stopped and picked it up and put in in the rear foot well, just below my 4 yr old daughter in her car seat. A few moments later it had 'come back to life' much to the amusement (NOT) of my daughter :lmao: After much flapping and screaming and a quick neck twist (the pheasant, not my daughter) all was calm again.She never has seen the funny side of it, and is not too fond of birds.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Sorry for the long delay, yes, tobacco is offered to Creator, tobacco among others is also a sacred medicine for us.
Also a prayer is offered

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
I voted eat it, but thats easier said than done! otherwise i would give it a good run over in my bike if its dead to make more mess thn throw it off ther road :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE