What Camp Bed??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I've recently bought a tipi for car camping and my increasingly aged knees are fed up with floor dwelling and a downmat, so I am looking for a decent camp bed.
Uncle Ray has a Nash fishing bed for around a hundred quid that is tempting, but just wondering what others would recommend for a comfortable night's sleep?

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have a sunncamp folding bed, goes up in a couple of mins, cost me new (I seldom buy new!) £42 a few years back.

I have never looked back.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I've recently bought a tipi for car camping and my increasingly aged knees are fed up with floor dwelling and a downmat, so I am looking for a decent camp bed.
Uncle Ray has a Nash fishing bed for around a hundred quid that is tempting, but just wondering what others would recommend for a comfortable night's sleep?
A four poster in pink is pretty camp Kev. Especially if you have really pretty scatter cushions.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Every night i am at home i sleep on one of these after finding out the wonders these type of beds done for my bad back a few years back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-B...920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33850fbfa0

before buying the ex issue one i bought two brand name versions (Gellert and Highlander) that looked the same as the above link, neither of them lasted more than 2 months under everyday use before the canvas tore in the middle due to my fat bottom weight of 18 stone. the military one i bought was used when bought and has lasted over 4 months so far under everyday, it stays at home when i go camping

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Every night i am at home i sleep on one of these after finding out the wonders these type of beds done for my bad back a few years back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-B...920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33850fbfa0

before buying the ex issue one i bought two brand name versions (Gellert and Highlander) that looked the same as the above link, neither of them lasted more than 2 months under everyday use before the canvas tore in the middle due to my fat bottom weight of 18 stone. the military one i bought was used when bought and has lasted over 4 months so far under everyday, it stays at home when i go camping

Excellent. Thanks for that. :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I do use a foam 10mm mat roll on the top for a bit of extra luxury

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Your knees will love it as the sleeping surface is 50cm above ground. I hadn't had an uninterrupted nights in over 2 years before i slept on a loaned one of these on a camping trip, got home and bought one straight away

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I've been using a Eight legged fishing bed at home and at camp on and off for a while, it's one of those with a memory foam mattress. Really comfy can't recommend it highly enough. Have a look at fishing beds.

Si

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
I've been using a Eight legged fishing bed at home and at camp on and off for a while, it's one of those with a memory foam mattress. Really comfy can't recommend it highly enough. Have a look at fishing beds.

Si

Can only recommend the same! If I've got transport close by or car camping; it's a must have. Even if I'm hanging, it still goes. £100 will get you a good comfy one that'll last a fair while mate.

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Last weekend I slept on a 10 year old fishing bed....Nash I think with only softie trousers and jacket over shorts and t shirt! Forgot to take my sleeping bag but not needed anyhoo!

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Thanks guys. After contacting a lot of retailers only to find either they or the couriers add rip-off charges to deliver to the IW, I nipped into a local tackle shop and found an excellent condition JRC bedchair that was obviously predestined to be mine. So, for a tad over fifty quid I now have a camp bed and my sunburned shoulders attest to how comfortable it is after I dozed off for a couple of hours in the sun this afternoon.
Thanks as always to everyone for their help and advice. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE