what about bcuk xmas do

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If you knew where my local was I’d worry about it :p

It might be worth thinking about doing something, I’m not sure how it would work out though. People would be too busy, it would be too cold etc it would be a weekend as most wouldn't bother traveling for one night out, getting a big barn would be good....

It's a thought anyway. Anyone interested in it can let us know in here :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I hope it's as good as my skins, they're lovely and toasty, I've done the hammock in -10c and been fine.

When it comes to people setting up in Dec the cold will be an issue, especially for something social, we'd have to get some big fires going and stand in the middle!

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Maybe we could all go back to that pub in Skirmitt Jason and you can pole dance for us in that pink dress :You_Rock_ - just like at your stag do! :eek:

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A cottage or hut on the edge of somewhere with great scenery and walking - Wales, Scotland, the Lakes or the Peaks? A hut/ cottage sounds to me like the appropriate place to be comfortable in that time of year.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
there were a couple of new year meets last year.
i went to two, one near manchester, one near stirling.
the scottish one was cold. very cold.
and we did it in hammocks :D

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
The scout camp that we held the last north west meet at has buildings that can be used, it would add a little to the cost but people would have the option of hammocks or buildings.
It may even open it up for partners that wouldn't normally attend a meet.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Tony said:
If you knew where my local was I’d worry about it :p

It might be worth thinking about doing something, I’m not sure how it would work out though. People would be too busy, it would be too cold etc it would be a weekend as most wouldn't bother traveling for one night out, getting a big barn would be good....

It's a thought anyway. Anyone interested in it can let us know in here :D

Too cold :eek:................... Too cold :eek: ......... good heavens we're bushcrafters arn't we? We should know how to deal with the cold and organise ourselves accordingly...........unless we're having it in the Bearing straights or Siberia :D
I think it's a great idea. We could do some Christmas wreath making and drink hot mulled wine and eat hot mince pies............great stuff :p

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
He he, Too cold too cold…..It will be for some people, I was thinking that it would be great to have wives along as well and I know it would be a consideration for mine :D It would be great to get together, not for the skills side of things but just to say hi and chat, I like the idea of wreath making.

James, do have a look for barns etc, if we got a nice big barn, some tables etc we could have some good scoff and a great time. People could stay for longer if they wanted etc. :red:

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
I met a guy few years ago that had access to some facilities in the Galloway forest, I think they were bothies and barns

It is not very central but I have been going to the area for either 19 or 21 yrs. cant remember when I first went, it has everything a bushcrafter could want, big hills, lots of woodland, hill lochs and only a short distance from the coast.

Must do some work now but will make enquiries latter.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Fair comment........ A family gathering would be good idea. I did some wreath making with a group of kids and their parents last year just for the morning/early afternoon. We made a ring from willow and hazel, backed it with moss and stuck holly, travellers joy etc through the moss. We had a picnic and all the kids went home with a wreath. It was a good day out.
I have to say though sitting around a fire in the woods in winter, with a hot cup of mulled wine is hard to beat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE