What 3/4 man tent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
Looking for a tent for summer camping.

Would like it to be a palace that weighs nothing and can be bought for peanuts but wishing aside I've been looking at:

Decathlon's Quechua T4+

gd-asset_7134974.jpg
bu-asset_9887344.jpg

• L240 x W220 x H130 and a 140cm vestibule. • Weight: 5.6kg

And

Coleman's Crestline 4 Tent

col-Crestline-4-mx.jpg

• Headroom: 130 cm • Weight: 6.3 kg

They're both £50. Any others similarly priced and sized that I should be considering?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

davep90

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2006
wigan
I have an old khyam navada thats the dogs whatsits. I doubt that I will ever buy anything else that size by another manufacturer. Quick erect can be put up in less than a minute.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I would strongly recommend the Decathlon kit. I have a 2-man '2 second' tent from them I use as a base camp when climbing in the alps and it has been perfect.

The build quality is very good and they are excellent value for money.

In fact, for summer camping for 3/4 people, I would even suggest looking at one of the even bigger tents they do if you really want lots of living space as you'll find the porch on the T4+ isn't really big enough for 4 if the weather is poor. Alternatively, get an awning.

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
Thanks for the replies Dave and Mike.

I'm basically looking for a tent for me and my girlfriend. She likes a bit of space, and in the last tent we had my head touched one end and my feet touched the other (I'm not massive - 6'2).

Unfortunately we have to take it on the plane so weight is an issue - basically I'm looking for the lightest 3-4 man tent for under £60!

I was thinking about taking a tarp too - this could go in my hand luggage so weight wouldn't be too much of an issue - so I was thinking a Tatonka polycotton 3mx3m...

Any more thoughts?

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
Thanks for the info Beamdune! Like the look of the Vangoes - was hoping for a cheaper solution but even if the advice is "buy a more expensive tent" it's still gratefully received!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE