Whacha recon this is for?

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Here's a new toy I've made. What do you think it's for?

whatsit-strap4.jpg

whatsit-strap1.jpg

whatsit-strap2.jpg

Give up?

whatsit-strap3.jpg

It's for making life easier when carrying rolls of leather. It's also brilliant for carrying bundles of willow or hazel out of inaccessible areas. It's also handy for securing a canvas bed roll.

Eric

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Or U could carry drain rods or sweep's rod's, I find it tricky carrying out long bundle's of hazel poles one alwayas snags on a tree and spins the lot round and you have to start again :lmao: , something like that would be easy to do :) at a push U could even use that for an emergency splint?

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Hmmmmm...

I was looking for something like that a while back to strap onto a dive bottle for carying it in and out of the shooting club :)

How rigid is that central 'bar' the handle's attached to ?

It's not that rigid, but if I made it of wood, with the leather handle part stitched through holes made by a dremel, it would be. Alternatively, the carrying straps could be moved nearer the centre.

Eric

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
That's a very useful item. I’d love one of those for transporting gathered sticks. It might reduce the amount of poorly stifled laughter when I pass through Waterloo station :D

Kind regards,
Paul.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Nice.

Would've guessed a blanket strap, was pottling around frostriver's site and they sell something similar for 35$ iirc.

Also been eyeing up 58 pattern poncho rolls for carrying similar gear in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE