Wet Weather day activities

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
It's raining here - again!
It seems like it has been almost constantly since before Christmas.
Rather than feeling depressed and fed up about something we have no control over i thought i'd ask what bushcraft wet weather activities or tasks do you do whilst waiting for the amazing British summer to arrive?!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
lol sounds fair enough
I've been getting on with a load of jobs in the workshop
I'll share some pics in due course once i get to the point i can share!
Things like making a knife from a disc saw blade and some more trivets from horse shoes.
Still on the cards is at least another knife from scratch (including heat treating) and hopefully upgrading the camp kitchen box from plastic to something more in keeping!
we shall see...

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sewing up a tarp? Well, that may be this weekend's task. Last weekend was sewing up a piggyback pocket, like the Hill People Gear PALS pocket to fit my HPG Umlindi.
I have a number of hammer heads that need handles fitted, not to mention a polycarbonate parang sheath and a Kydex knife sheath to make up...and there are three G10 Griptilian handles. Need to try to get on with a pair of Finnish billhooks.
and then...
and then...
and then...

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Sharpening every knife in the kitchen again
whittling something other than a spoon

make a leather cup washer for my petrol stove
dolly knit a big roll of string
carve a 1" crochet hook
consult the hive mind about seal intestine raincoats
check the battery life on my new headtorch
and then...
and then... lol

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Not much better here for the next wet week. But that's washing off an entire winter of mountain rock dust grime.
Village snow drifts and piles are sinking quickly.

Two tasks:
1. Do the final sharpening and honing on a Sitka adze gutter blade for a new elbow adze.
2. Trace and cut out 2 Sitka elbow adze handles and get them pegged and shaped.

Here's what I expect it to look like in a few weeks (and other blades)

http://kestreltool.com/index.html

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Go hike the woods, go get wood! or like me an Sammi we like this weather, so go hit the beach! and don't forget to have icecream :joyful: other than that I have been wielding, repairing the feet on my anvil and Sammi oiled her walking staff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE