Wet tinder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I keep reading a lot about this stuff but I've never come across any. I can't make out what it's like or exactly how easy it is to light. I'd love to hear from anyone who has used it as to what it's like and whether the claim of it burning better when wet is in fact true.

Thanks!

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Adi - wet fire tinder comes in little gold wrapped bricks and feels like polistyrene.

It weighs nothing and will light from spark or flame - and as the name suggests will light when wet.

It burns well and a brick will keep going for several minutes.

I carry it in my tinder pouch with birch bark so I know I am always able to secure a fire.

I would recommend it.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Yeah its good stuff... Jamie had some with him in dorset...... It does dry out after time so you need to make sure the little packets stay sealed/no holes and use once opened.

:)
Ed

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Adi007 said:
I keep reading a lot about this stuff but I've never come across any. I can't make out what it's like or exactly how easy it is to light. I'd love to hear from anyone who has used it as to what it's like and whether the claim of it burning better when wet is in fact true.

Thanks!

:shock: Oh dear Adi007, you really shouldn't of asked that question :naughty:

We - Woodland Organics, are the sole UK distributor for Ultimate Survival in the UK and of course Wet Fire Tinder (WFT) is with in that range. In the not to distant future you will see the Ultimate Survival range in a lot more places than you do now.

It is being well received across the country as many people are astonished by it's quality and lets face it, the States do know how to make first class gear.

Anyway, the bit of info below ( essay) should answer your questions and if you need any more info on the rest of the range than just ask...........we really should get it reviewed by someone on here!

---------------------
WetFire™ Tinder, the perfect accompaniment to any fire starter, can help you get a blaze going even in a downpour. In fact, the cubes actually burn longer when wet!

WetFire™ Tinder was born from the need for a universal lighting material that was safe, odorless, easy-to-carry, and unaffected by wind or water. Elite military troops can find themselves anywhere, in any kind of weather. They require something that will light a fire in a rainstorm if needed, yet extinguish instantly to avoid detection, leaving no residue, no odor, no smoke.

Survival Inc.'s WetFire™ Tinder is the best fire-starting tinder material available anywhere in the world. It is individually packaged in a lightweight solid cube form that can't leak or foul up your other gear. It leaves none of the residue of inferior petroleum-based products and is non-toxic. The cubes burn without smoke and can be started even in high winds and nasty weather. In fact, the tinder burns while floating in water.

WetFire™ Tinder burns at over 1300 degrees yet cools almost instantly when snuffed out. A small pile of shavings is enough to start a campfire, warm your hands, or pre-heat a backpacking stove. Always have some of these cubes available when you go outside.

While WetFire™ was developed for military personnel, anyone who needs to start a fire can benefit from this amazing fire starting tinder. For decades, mountain climbers have struggled with gooey fire starting gels to light their stoves at high altitude. Not only messy, these gels are hard to use. At high altitude you have enough to worry about without wasting energy trying to light an uncooperative stove. With WetFire™ Tinder, this problem is solved. Just sprinkle a small amount of tinder shavings around the backpacker stove, and it lights instantly. No goo, no mess, no hassle.

Even if you're not in the military, and don't plan to climb Everest, WetFire™ Tinder will help you start any fire. Use it to light your backyard barbecue, or to start a fire in your living room fireplace. Make yourself popular when only you can start the late night beach bonfire.

WetFire™ Tinder, like all Survival Inc. products, is all-purpose, all weather, and all about giving you more control when you're outside.

SPECIFICATIONS

Material: Trade Secret
Weight (per cube): 1.1 oz (31.2g)
Color: White

Cheers

Jack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE