Were you out last night too?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
What a fantastic night last night was.
Clear skys, full moon and as bright as dawn.

The temperature dipped to minus one. A perfect opportunity to test out the hammock underblanket. If I didn't have one of Wanderinstars underblankets I'm sure I would have froze (like some of the scout leaders I was with :rolleyes: ) ) I was nice a toasty. What a fantastic piece of kit! If you've got a hammock and dont have an underblanket you're missing out. A good, warm dry nights sleep makes all the difference. Thanks Ian.

Andy

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Yep
Took the boys down to Blackberry wood. I slept in my hammock with my Nanock -10 and my thermarest. Could have been warmer but i like the rigidity the thermarest gives. Actaually thinking of getting a SOTP tipi and moving us all in there with the stove. More fun for the kids, warmer, and only one pole.
Oh, i also got bitten by my axe for the first time. i was getting some small strips of wood for my eldest's volcano stove when god knows how but i managed to side swipe my finger. I was lucky as i only ended up with an inch long 2 mil deep gash. I demonstrated my first aid kit and the importance of always carrying one .

I got a bit down after that so we packed up at 12 and came home.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Both my children slept out last night in hammocks with underblankets. They were warm and toastie too and now quite happy to sleep out at the christmas moot under the trees. Just my wife now to persuade that the hammock, which is on it's way, and the underblanket which is here and waiting, is as warm and comfy as we all tell her it is. Trouble is...Once I have lit the woodburner and the house is snug it will take a fair bit of coaxing to get her out in the cold, even with a -10 down bag. Maybe a good dose of single malt will swing it!
Sorry to hear about your finger, bilko.
Swyn.

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
I slept out on thursday night in my Go-lite hex 3, it was -2 according to the thermometer, was fine in my Snugpak SF2, think i might have to get the woodlore golden eagle out of the cupboard if it gets any colder, then i'll be really cosy. Going to sleep out again tonight, nice and clear skies, should be another cold one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE