Well ? who else saw Landward ? :D

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I can only find episode 22, is that the right one ?

EDIT:

Yes it is, starts around 06:30

Last edited:

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
It was very good but I'm glad Nick Nairn is being looked after by Patrick :) (looks as though they will reprise their wild foods section over the next few programmes).

I am a bit concerned however that some of the presenters seem to think that wearing jeans as outdoor clothing is sensible!

Last edited:

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
It was very good but I'm glad Nick Nairn is being looked after by Patrick :) (looks as though they will reprise their wild foods section over the next few programmes).

I am a bit concerned however that some of the presenters seem to think that wearing jeans as outdoor clothing is sensible!

Nice to see all the Scots going misty eyed over Landward :)

Thread Drift: I have a real problem with the whole trouser thing. I like jeans, always have. Other trousers don't feel as secure, things fall out of the pockets, they feel thin and flappy in the wind. I am in need of some trouser education and enlightenment.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice to see all the Scots going misty eyed over Landward :)

Thread Drift: I have a real problem with the whole trouser thing. I like jeans, always have. Other trousers don't feel as secure, things fall out of the pockets, they feel thin and flappy in the wind. I am in need of some trouser education and enlightenment.

Wax impregnated cotton is the way to go I reckon :)

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland

I like jeans too, they are very comfortable for the most part however I would never dream of wearing them in the great outdoors. If they get wet they take ages to dry out and if there is any wind in addition, they will chill you to the bone. Big no-no as far as I am concerned. Even a cheap pair of Craghoppers or Hawkshead trousers (which have security pockets) would be 100 times better :)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65467

It was very good, if a bit short.

I think Patrick ought to be doing entire programmes :D

cheers,
M

Cheers Mary, will have to try and catch that soon.. :)

BBC Scotland gets all the best programmes, can't wait to move up there one day

Hmmph, not at new year though.. :(
I like jeans too, they are very comfortable for the most part however I would never dream of wearing them in the great outdoors. If they get wet they take ages to dry out and if there is any wind in addition, they will chill you to the bone. Big no-no as far as I am concerned. Even a cheap pair of Craghoppers or Hawkshead trousers (which have security pockets) would be 100 times better :)

Only pair of jeans I'd think about wearing while out n about would be Alpkit's Jeanius jeans, but not if it's likely to be peeing down. Their waterproofness very quickly reduces, however still shed light rain and are fab in the snow.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Could count on the fingers of one hand the times i've worn jeans in the past 12 years.

Just don't find them comfy or any good for me.

I caught a bit of the episode where patrick was cooking the shellfish for nick - I think patrick should be doing tv shows
his knowledge is very impressive but I think his accent & straight talking demeanor would be too much for some
audiences, I think he's great but for tv he would have to soften it up a bit & although I don't know him well I'd say that he wouldn't be up for that.

Also jeans & the great wet outdoors don't really mix but they do make excellent char cloth!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE