weihrauch hw80k vs hw57 vs95

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
could anyone help me decide between them they are all in the same bracket (price wise),
i like the idea of underlever, but have heard that the breach is fiddly could anyone shed some light on this.

thanks in advance Lonja

Last edited:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I've had a few shot's of Stuarts lately and don't find the breech tight. It's a nice big cutaway but then I have little fingers.

On a fiddly scale I'd put it lower than my Gamo underlever which has a rotary breech with a wee slot that can try to flip the pellet on occasion if you're not a bit careful.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i have the hw 95k had it for about 10 years still spot on light weight and accurate the hw80 was the daddy in its time and still a good rifle but its quite heavy but people still swear by them you can't go wrong with either

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i have the hw 95k had it for about 10 years still spot on light weight and accurate the hw80 was the daddy in its time and still a good rifle but its quite heavy but people still swear by them you can't go wrong with either

i'd echo what's been said by andy here, the 95k is a great rough shooting gun, the 80 is a bit on the heavy side for me. don't know the 57, sorry.

TBH you won't notice a great deal of difference between any of the weirauchs in terms of performance or quality, they're all superb in both respects, german precision engineering at its very best IMO. i'd suggest trying to get your hands on all three in at least a gun shop, but preferably at a range where you can put a few rounds through them, and see which one feels right to you.

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
and anyone had a 77

yes, a couple. for a long time they were "the" air rifle to own, heavy, but constant and accurate, a superb gun. if you're thinking of that style of underlever i'd look at the air arms TX200 though, just as well made but a smidgeon more accurate, still a heavy rifle though

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
out of the rifles you've mentioned so far my choice would be the HW95K, but that's mainly because i prefer a slightly lighter rifle.

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE