Weekly IRC Meet time?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
There seems to be few regulars dropping in on the IRC channel now, it's going well :)
I think we should think about having a set time every week that we could try and get together on there.
I would help people to know a time where others are expected to join, might help with the "logged on , and no-one was there" issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a time for this?
Should it be a weekend?
I'm asuming the time will be anywhere between 6pm - 12am?

Any ideas welcome :)

Cheers
Carlo

Hello there! I just read this and was left with bafflement
by two things, the first is what is a IRC?. And the second is that there was not more members posting times here( for what I am going to guess is a on-line meet.;))?

Is there anyway to find out what IRC channel really means!.

Giancarlo said:
There seems to be few regulars dropping in on the IRC channel now, it's going well :)
I think we should think about having a set time every week that we could try and get together on there.
I would help people to know a time where others are expected to join, might help with the "logged on , and no-one was there" issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a time for this?
Should it be a weekend?
I'm asuming the time will be anywhere between 6pm - 12am?

Any ideas welcome :)

Cheers
Carlo

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
IRC means Internet Relay Chat, it's a chat server program. No one goes into the bushcraftuk channel anymore.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
There was a guide in here explaining it all and how to connect.
However, when we started using our own chat room on the site (no longer here) then it wasn't really needed anymore and is now no longer the official BushcraftUK IRC room.

Perhaps it will resurface one day ;)

bradyb

Jun 13, 2005
hi, I own myjavachat.com, wanted to thank you for choosing my site once again. I have added your chat channel to the first in the list for quakenet, to make it easier for your users. if there's anything I can do to make it better let me know. also would like to let you know that you can send/receive files ie, pictures, whatever via the jpilot irc applet in use on my site

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE