Week in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
SWMBO is going away this year to Lanzarote for a week with her mum, so I was thinking of 'losing myself' for a week in the woods. Anyone know of a really decent wood/forest where I could spend a week honing my skills ? :-D I'm in Manchester but don't mind a couple of hours drive :cool:

Any suggestions (and grid references) greatly appreciated

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Check out beautiful wales, there are literally thousands of amazing spots in the north alone (quite cold though).

There is also the forest of dean, but im not sure about the restrictions.

If you visit up near the Llandeilo area you will not be searching for long, even if you drove up their not having clue on where you will be.

My father and I used to do that years ago, we used to pack the car, and drive north.......not once where we disappointed, it is better to do that rather than arranging a specified place (if you leave early).

I dont know where our map is of N.Wales, so just check out on the map, llandeilo and the surrounding area.

if you are camping it is easy, just find a field, then find the farmer, be nice and offer a payment.

Hope this helps, Cheers,

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Welcome!
You decided yet? If you need it i can give you some grid references for some *really* nice spots up north.

Cheers,

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:oops: AHHHH! Your right.......i meant LLANDUDNO.
the northern most point in wales.

Thats what i meant to say!

cheers,

Jake

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE