Weather Warning Black Mountains

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
it been a long time since the trip but you know how it is....:):):)

the plan was to walk that day, doing about 12-14 miles set up camp then walk the other end of the ridge down the mountain then up the paths and road back to the car. the weather was supposed to be bad but its not the first time i have been in bad weather and kitted to the hilt it was all good.

I planned an over night trip with a friend for the only 2 days i had free in my time off, it just so turned out that there was a weather warning for high wind and rain, never mind, with all my kit sorted i went to pick up my mate at 9am.

we left his place and got to the parking area in the woods at about 10 am sorted our kit and we where away....:) the wind was supposed to be gusting up to 80 MPH and -14 wind chill at over 800 metres high, it'll be reat i though. the outward trip was ok along the ridge as the other mountain was protecting us, once we reached the other side it was savage, the wind was terrible with rain sleet and snow coming in sideways, soaked and legs like they had been cut with ice blades it was time to drop back down out of the wind to see whats what.

it was all good out of the wind and we reached our camp site about 1530, we had not stopped for a brew or food as yet, voting for the head down and keep going tactic, which was fine, we set up camp and got some hot food and brew, i was planning on a nice long warm sleep, my mate on the other hand was not so willing, and after moaning for nearly 2 hours and knowing we where 20-30 mins from the car he wanted to go home, so my trip was cut short, ahhhh bless him...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

it was all good though, better to get out than not.

pictures in next post guys and gals...:):):)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hu3ubybe.jpg
8a4ybu9u.jpg
sagamyqe.jpg
se3y3yvu.jpg
uzete9uj.jpg
uvyda9y4.jpg
eqe4y9av.jpg
ugu4yba4.jpg
begy7a3a.jpg
a4uje6um.jpg
4ury4uhy.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE