Weasel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
This afternoon, I was driving back from taking my Mum and an old family friend to the pub for lunch. I decided the return journey would be via a small back lane near Bewl Water, so that we could look at the primroses and 'wooden enemies' and try and spot some early purple orchids. This particular lane is very narrow, with passing places, and I was driving along slowly when we saw an odd-shaped 'thing' crossing the road a few yards ahead of us. I stopped the car level with where it had crossed and, for a few seconds, we watched a weasel struggling up the near vertical bank with a robin in its jaws before it disappeared through the hedge. It couldn't have been more than six feet from us. They are amazing little predators. Of course the ladies felt very sorry for the poor robin.

Burnt Ash

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Ounce for ounce, one of the most vicious predetors on the planet.

We tamed a feral cat - had her for 17 years. About three or four times, over the years, she came home with a dead weasel. My father wouldn't believe it until I showed him one of the dead weasels. Cat gets into it with a weasel - you usually have a dead cat.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
My mother once described an occasion when her and my father found a weasels den/nest (whatever its called) when my father turned over a bit of corrugated roofing sheet that was on the ground.

My father then very gently poked the young weasels with the unloaded shotgun barrel and the young uns tried to bite the steel :D

He then placed the sheet back where it was before and they went on their way, happy at seeing them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE