Wayland's got a brand new bag....

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Nice kit
I am moving towards a 35litre bag with pouches and some form of system but you are obviously way ahead of me on that mate
I however am not entirely convinced that natural materials are always the best nowadays functionally; so I do mix and match depending on need-I stealth camp mostly
Having said that my aesthetic preference would be natural materials but carrying it 12 miles is not
I admire your workmanship greatly
Nice pics as well

Mike Benis

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2008
England
Very nice indeed!

As for traditional materials not being the best fucntionally - I'd tend to agree, but they're more pleasant and satisfying in my opinion and generally much more ecological into the bargain...

Cheers

Mike

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Inspiring work. I've just ben gived a large piece if thin leather and a selection of small bags appeals to me. All I need to work out now is how to do it!:red:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
It's taken on a lovely patina Gary. Very, very nice. On a photographic note, do you set up these shots on a tripod with a self timer, or have you got someone else with you? Your set piece photos are always brilliant. Care to tell us how you set one up?

Eric

Almost right Eric.

The camera is set up on a tripod but I use an intervalometer which takes shots every few seconds.

Then I just get on with whatever I'm doing and check the shots later on the computer.

Delete the ones I don't need and Robert's your fathers brother.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Just had a look at the intervalometers. I see there's few commercial ones out there, some built in to DSLRs and some home brewed. I can't see any way of rigging my Nikon D50 to do time delay though - bugger! I knew I should have gone for a D90.

Eric

rancid badger

Really like the bag, very nice indeed.
on the picture front, my olympus 550uz has an interval feature that I used a few times to take star pictures.
If I remember right, it goes from a few seconds to an hour or so, I really can't remember exactly but anyway, I never thought of just setting up the camera and tinkering away. I'll have to give that shot sometime.

Best wishes
R.B.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Just had a look at the intervalometers. I see there's few commercial ones out there, some built in to DSLRs and some home brewed. I can't see any way of rigging my Nikon D50 to do time delay though - bugger! I knew I should have gone for a D90.

Eric

You can get the IR trigger for the D50, I've got one and it's much easier than the time delay shot thingy on the D200. You can make sure you are in the right pose before snapping, therefore saving battery, shutter actuations and memory card wastage.

Please note that Digital Cameras are designed to fail after a certain amount of shutter actuations. I think it was about 20,000 on the D50 for me before I had to send it out to get a new shutter.

Getting a new shutter was cheaper than buying a new camera, so if your camera does fail, I would suggest send it off for repair, instead of buying a whole new camera. It only costs about £70 on average.

--

By the way, Wayland, that bag looks great!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE