Waterproof college rucksack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Hi, I'm going to start going to college on my motorbike soon and as you can almost guarantee rain around here I need a waterproof rucksack that is big enough to fit a couple of A4 folders and lunch, pencil case etc (usual collegy stuff). It must be as water tight as possible as if anything gets wet my whole work will be ruined! I will probably still put everything in a bin liner to help but I would prefer that to be a last-line-of-defence just-in-case thing!

I have a waterproof DMP bergan but it's waaay too big and heavy for what I need.

As a student I ain't got much cash so I was thinking something army surplus as I would be able to get a better bag than if I tried to buy a new but cheap bag.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Why not have a look at a small dry bag and put your whole back pack init, and strap it to your bike, there are probably places near you, but if your up near Plymouth, Faraday buisness park specifically here 50°22'8.56"N 4° 6'49.09"W. the Canoe shop sells good bags at good prices, also it's opposit a bikers shop, just up the wall oposit, again decent prices for bits. I never used to put a pack on, think its just another thing to get caught if i came of.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I do have a top box but it's not quite big enough to fit my current rucksack in and I wouldn't want anything smaller.

Echo, those look like they'd be perfect but I was hoping for something cheaper :)

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent

merman

Oct 20, 2009
south west
I use a Fjallraven Kanken Big for my Uni stuff, so far its kept files and laptop dry. With the retro look and a big choice of colours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE