Waterproof bag to hold rucksack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Hi All,

I have a small bivy, the Terra Nova Saturn which is obviously extremely small and no room for a rucksack and myself inside at the same time. What I am looking for is a very large waterproof bag to leave my 100-130 liter rucksack in outside in the elements whilst I’m tucked up inside the bivy.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
A rucksack liner/drybag (or bags if you prefer to have things organised out) would be better IMHO, combined with a rain cover to keep the worst off the bag itself.

You can get HUGE rucksack bags for river crossings that are around 140litre size and roll up to a tiny size. I can't remember if mine is a mountain equipment one or not, but anyway it only cost £12. You need the HUGE size otherwise you won't get a 120 litre bergan in and roll the top to click and close.

Nevisport had them in.

WS

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I'm probably missing something here, but if you're only wanting it as a cover while resting or doing something other than getting it ripped to shredds by bushes and trees, why not use a bin bag or heavy duty garden waste bag. These cost at most a couple of quid for several of them. With the added bonus you can inflat them to use as river cross aids if you so desire.

Nag.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I've heard people using rubble bags - basically heavy duty bin bags for this purpose
No need to spend lots on something unless you really want to

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I've heard people using rubble bags - basically heavy duty bin bags for this purpose
No need to spend lots on something unless you really want to

Yup Rubble bags are the answer. Any builders merchant or B&Q and you get about 5 for a couple of quid:D I've used them for washing up in, carrying dirty or wet laundry and an emergency loo at a push !!;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE