Water filter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
That does look pretty good. And they're very specific about its tested capabilities, which I wouldn't expect if they weren't being entirely honest... Only downside is its relatively low filtration rate at 300ml / minute (so about 24 minutes to filter a full 7L bag), but unless you're in a heck of a hurry, I don't see it being a problem.

Looks legit to me.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I bought an inline filter from them for my Camelbak, haven't used it yet so can't comment on its effectiveness, but customer service was fine.

Tobes

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
hi Still Waters,

this is spooky; I bought an in-line version of the same filter (ebay item 330226029237)....ordered it yesterday and it arrived today. £19-60 delivered.
So at least its very good service. I think the seller has been on ebay for a few years.

They make good claims on their website. The actual filter I bought (which looks the same as the filter fitted to the item you are looking at) also looks very similar to others such as the 'Aquapure PureLink Inline Filter'.......

In fact it looks identical to the 'Web-tex Surviva-Pure' @ £39-95....

I think this could effectively be a good buy for anyone.

Still Waters

Nomad
Dec 20, 2007
North yorkshire
Cheers for the replys guys.

If its as good as they say it is then i think its a bargain at £35 put if its pants then £35 is a lot of money to waste and the chance of a bad stomach bug.

Im mindfull of the saying if somthing seems too good to be true then it probably is.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
It has no micron rating. I would personally steer clear of it. If it's like similar filters I've seen, that rely on active carbon with an iodine resin to filter and deactivate, they have too great a micron micron rating. Something like 3 microns, whereas other filters have 0.3 microns. Apparently cysts are around the 3 micron size, but crypto can fold in half, allowing it to slip through a larger pore size!
One larger pore size filter being used is the aquamira frontier pro:
http://www.aquamira.com/consumer/frontier-pro-filter-system/
People fill up a bladder with dirty water and add iodine/ bleach/ chorine dioxide to wipe out viruses and bacteria. This only takes around ten mins. They then use the filter either to suck water through or as a gravity filter.

This one is also a great and proven gravity filter:
http://www.ula-equipment.com/amigopro.asp

I don't think water is worth taking chances with!

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
I've been using the Drinksafe filter for well over a year now and can say that I have absolute total confidence in it. Used it from rivers and the water tastes sweeter than my filter jug at home it's that good - though I mainly bought mine for hotel and garage taps on road trips abroad. Paid for itself in no time.

Actually spoke at length to the owner of the Drinksafe company before I bought one. Obviously he's very enthusiastic about the product - it's been extensively tested in America if I remember right and is used world wide in emergency situtaions and by Nato, etc. But give him a call if you want. He's a pleasure to talk to and I got the impression he likes to chat!

May I suggest you consider the 'bottle' version of this filter if your numbers allow it. I have the previous one to what's now called the Travel Tap. It works quickly when you're on the move and where I would think setting up a gravity filter is inconvenient. But obviously equipment is personal and you have to use what ever floats your boat.

Anyway, it's a good filter and that's the main thing. I would definitely buy another one when mine eventually gets used up.

Happy days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE