Watch "water filtration and collection kit" on YouTube

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 20, 2008
Derby
www.freewebs.com
Excellent video keep them coming.
I have a Sawyer mini for filtration and have been thinking of getting two dromedary bags (Dirty & Clean) to complete the kit. What's your opinion on the dromedary?

Stealth and Wild camping UK, on YouTube, fb, instagram. @stealthcampuk on Twitter.

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
Thanks for sharing that. Great vid. Very handy to see how other folks use the MSR filter. I pump the water directly from mine into a Nalgene style bottle as it has a screw thread on the bottom of the pump to fit that style of bottle - but that dromedary bag setup looks like it's worth a shot.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I have the older sweetwater and the connections are push fit and no screw thread at the filter bottom.
Just bought myself a Sawyer mini and a few other bits as i found that i had broken the sweetwater element (cracked) so there will be a new collection video coming showing the new kit.

Thanks for watching

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
I got a bit confused watching the video, you spent 5 minutes pumping water through the filter into the Platypus, and also connected a Sawyer filter to the Platypus as a secondary filter due to possible contamination by sheep, then when the filter blocked you put the dirty end in your mouth to blow it through - sorta made the whole filtering effort pointless doesn't it? Or did I miss something?

Paul

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE