Was hoping for worse weather!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
Hiked out on Boxing Day to spend the night in the woods, as I wanted to test a replacement bivvy-bag...

I was hoping to really test myself, and it stayed above 4C.

Am I alone in being disappointed in the mildness of the weather this winter?

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I was rather cold on the last Sussex meet, it was below freezing mind and I am a bit prone to feeling the cold due to a health complaint.
I was under a tarp and inside a supposed 5 season bag inside a Mill Tech bivi bag, along with Marino wool thermals Rhohan jumper and lots more.
It could be an age thing with me, I'm 60 and my sleeping bag 26.
Did you enjoy yourself in the woods alone, I enjoyed my last one alone very peaceful, and the wildlife great.
I plan a solo locally to me soon on a windy site, just for the craic.

LuckyDucky

Forager
Dec 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Nope i want snow, hail and all kinds of good weather like it. I was so dissapointed that there has been no snow in dec down here. Well heres hopeing it will change.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Yeh I was hoping for more snow, hopefully it'll come just as I've bought my new sleeping bag and bivi bag :D

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
New cold weather gear --------check:)
Snow shovel------------------check:)
4x4 serviced and prepped-----check:)

Snow--hmmmm:confused:

Wearing my new coat with just a t shirt, and it's still a bit too warm.:rolleyes:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Totally agree with the OP. So far this winter, at least where I am, there's been no frost, no snow, no sunshine, no stars at night, not much wind and very little rain. Makes me wonder what has happened except dull, cloudy and mild.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
We had quite a cold fall with very little snow and now we have the snow but the temps are very warm,+5 and today its pouring rain,,,in December??? Yuk. Makes travel in the bush awful.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Yeh. :p I want the snow.

We have had little bits of snow, but nothing like last year. I guess its because of us buying cold weather gear and some snow shoes that I wanted to try out. Got them earlier this year and that week there wasn't much snow left. So must be my fault. :)

I have to share the blame as I bought a pair of ice grippers which are not seeing any use.

MAGENTA JEN

Jan 2, 2012
uk
WELL I got me some snow on the way to Comrie AND on the way home .... but we were swimming in mud LOL It's good for the complexion you know x

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Yeh. :p I want the snow.

We have had little bits of snow, but nothing like last year. I guess its because of us buying cold weather gear and some snow shoes that I wanted to try out. Got them earlier this year and that week there wasn't much snow left. So must be my fault. :)

Ahhh, so it's YOUR fault :rant: and a little of that other guy too.

but then again I did get what I can only describe as an 'offshore survival suit' for christmass, perhaps a little overkill for walking the dog but after last year I was REALLY looking forward to all that snow....

But in the words of someone the other day after exchanging views on the mild weather - we'll pay for it....:)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
There are some things you just can't do in mud though...
snow-wee.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE