Warncliff.(WIP?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nektarios

Settler
Jul 5, 2010
Denmark
www.np-knifes.dk
I am waiting for some materials to arrive and in the mean wile i thought i will give a try to make my version of a Wharncliffe knife, a started with a piece of firestorm Damascus and came up with this design, for the handle i will use bock oak scales, lanyard tube, Corby bolts and a Mosaic pin. The total length is 200mm, and 30mm at the widest point.
Any comments or criticism are welcome.
Thanks for looking
Nektarios
warncliffe1.jpg

warncliffe2.jpg

warncliffe3.jpg

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm sure it will be stunning when finished, as always, but doesn't seem to be much of a pattern in the damascus, or is that because it's awaiting etching?

Nektarios

Settler
Jul 5, 2010
Denmark
www.np-knifes.dk
I'm sure it will be stunning when finished, as always, but doesn't seem to be much of a pattern in the damascus, or is that because it's awaiting etching?

Well the reason that you cannot see the pattern is that first I have to make the handle ready, then I will heat tread the blade and after that I will give the knife a nice worm bath in Ferric chloride:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE