Warm glow all day long

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
As usual, the mutt and me took our walk through the local woods this early morn.

Coming round the bend of a chalkly/leaf-littered trod; and what do I walk into, but two deer!

They were just as taken aback as we were and we eyed each other for a half minute...dog hit the deck, presumably in fright, or awaiting orders, all lugs and expectation.

We,ve walked the same woods for a good few season,s and I didn't even know that such creatures lived in there.

Good fortune , out of nowhere.

Chuckled to myself for twenty minutes afterward.......morning joggers must've thought me barmy.

Unaccountably chuffed and just wanted to share it.

Ceeg

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
i wish my dog went down or just stood still when he sees deer.he,ll even charge at huge stags .it spoils the sighting really cos the deer run i just get a fleeting glimpse.what kind of dog do you own?

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I'm off to see some deer (hopefully) tomorrow. Not so much deer hunting or deer
stalking, more deer ambling I think. Plus whatever plants happen to be around :)

(Richmond Park, weather permitting).

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Had a similar experience myself last Spring whilst mooching about near my mums house near Haworth. Having grown up there and spent the best part of 23 years knocking about in the woods and on the moors I`d never seen a single deer before. Walked round a corner on a walled footpath approaching a style and there in front of me were three full grown adult females and two bambinos.They didn`t stick around though and legged it sharpish out of sight.
Spent many an hour over the next few months following the tracks around the villages nearby and thoroughy enjoyed it. Never found where they slept at night though, do they always sleep in the same place anybody know ???

Great feeling though Ceeg eh ??

Rich

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I've just taken my two kids to my new spot for a look round. They are just as chuffed as you because we sat and watched a group of fallow deer on the edge of the woodland.

Didn't get as close as you did, about 50m from them, but had the binos out. Both kids were as good as gold, just sat in silence and watched, taking turns with the binos. Made me really proud! :D

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE